Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Marlins are an objective disaster right now.

Well, as we have seen with Houston and Chicago (and it looks like the Braves are starting to turn the corner), nobody is terrible forever. The fundamentals are now in place for sustained success when this next batch of youngsters matures. They have an awesome stadium (when the roof is open) in the Gateway to Latin America with a competent ownership group with an American icon as the face. The sky is the limit.

Ideally Miami becomes a top 10 franchise in 10-15 years.
What has the ownership group done that demonstrates competence?

Awesome stadium that no one will ever go to that no one there ever wanted. Drew 16,000 a night when they won the WS in 2003.

What has the ownership group done that demonstrates competence?

Rid themselves of the enormous Stanton contract when it wasn't the popular thing to do and received good returns for Ozuna and Yelich.

Awesome stadium that no one will ever go to that no one there ever wanted. Drew 16,000 a night when they won the WS in 2003.

I am shocked they didn't draw well at a football stadium! The new stadium is consistently averaging 4-5K more fans per night. That's a 300,000+ bump in annual attendance. That's significant. Not saying they're the Cubs but they don't have to be.

They won't draw. I lived there. I have family that lives there. You are right though.

They won't draw. I lived there. I have family that lives there. You are right though.
What is your point?

They will draw well enough when they get good again. And you've got to have a long-term mindset. Miami is growing rapidly. Think 20-30-50-even 100 years down the line.

Probably the most important franchise in baseball, in terms of future growth and health, outside of the 2 in NY and the 2 in LA.

Except for the fact that Miami doesn't care about baseball.

You're not thinking 100 years ahead, Topher.

PS Miami will be underwater in 100 years.

If Ready Player One is at all accurate, Columbus will be the fastest growing city in the world in just 27 years

In 100 years, when Coach K is in his 139th season of coaching Duke, the attendance by aquamen at Marlins Park will be stupendous.

O's are trash, but it looks like the Yankees are a hot mess too. Giving up nearly 6 runs a game.

@aiw you buying Mets futures?

The Yankees’ staff overachieved last season, and they did nothing to help it this year. Also, it doesn’t help that Botances is a headcase.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom