Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Lorenzo Brown has shot like 34% from the field so far and is only averaging 10 ppg.

With a free throw rate nearly as good as Mason's, Archie Goodwin is probably going higher than where all these mocks have him. Needs to make the free throws.

burymeNCameron said:
NOD said:
Goodman trolling Duke again. Has MP2 at 24th in his mock 2013 draft. :roll:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft

Unreal. I can't get over this Lorenzo Brown shit, What the Fuck has he done to deserve that rating. He might be the most overrated player I've seen in years.
Deshaun Thomas at 35 made me lol.

Id take that kid as the top wing forward off the board.

Chad Ford with some insight on Sulaimon, Mason, Curry, Hood draft prospects:

With Duke off to a 9-0 start to the season, including three wins against top five teams, The Chronicle’s Brady Buck and Andrew Beaton spoke to ESPN Insider and NBA Draft expert Chad Ford via email about members of the Duke basketball team and their prospects for the NBA Draft.

The Chronicle: What’s the buzz on Rasheed Sulaimon—is there any chance he is a one and done? What does he need to improve on for his game to translate to the next level and where would he go if the draft were tomorrow?

Chad Ford: Sulaimon was never really considered a one-and-done prospect by scouts so it’s a little difficult to get a read on his draft stock early in the season. I do know that scouts (and myself) have been very impressed with him in the early going — especially in his games against Louisville and Ohio State. Consistency is the key for him right now. While he’s had some very strong games, he’s still a streaky shooter and that affects the rest of his game. I think he’s a second round pick right now, but a strong run in the ACC could change that.

TC: How has Mason Plumlee’s strong start affected his draft stock? If he continues to perform this well through ACC play does his draft ceiling reach the top five?

CF: It’s been huge. Many scouts were going to write him off coming into the season. Now he’s a consensus lottery pick. I don’t think his draft stock reaches the top five because of his age. He’ll be 23 before draft night and age really does matter come draft time. If he was 19? Absolutely he’d be a top five pick. But at his age, he’s expected to be better than his peers. I do think he’ll be a lottery pick and will probably go in the eight to 14 range.

TC: Do scouts look at how Mason’s brother, Miles, has performed in the early going as a way of evaluating Mason’s game in the NBA?

CF: Not at all. Mason has always been the better NBA prospect. Miles’ 1 ppg won’t count against Mason.

TC: Are Seth Curry and Ryan Kelly potential pros? Their names don’t get mentioned much, but could they make it into the conversation for second round picks or non-draft signees?

CF: Curry has a real chance to get drafted in the second round. He can shoot the ball and there’s always a need for shooters in the league. I think Kelly does as well– though it’s an outside one. Many scouts were very high on him last year at the Maui Invitational. He dropped off a bit after that run, but is having a stronger senior season. NBA teams like stretch fours and Kelly can shoot the ball.

TC: What is your evaluation of Rodney Hood? Many have speculated that he will go pro after he plays one year at Duke, do you see him entering a strong 2014 draft class?

CF: Hood is a potential first rounder next year for sure. He has great size for his position and can really shoot the basketball. He needs to get stronger and improve his shot selection, but hopefully a year practicing at Duke takes care of both issues.

http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/2012/1 ... prospects/

I don't get this "Sulaimon is a streaky shooter" thing. I'm just not remembering any long cold stretches from three. His shooting numbers are actually usually hurt by an inability to finish in the lane (which he's improving on), but that's not what people mean when they say streaky shooter.

Unless they are defining streaks as like two missed shots, his pattern of makes and misses seems normal for any good shooter.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

This is kind of dumb of me, but that just gave me a whole new appreciation for stevens and his theoretical candidacy for duke HC of the future. I was always under the impression that he was kind of a pushover, but the fact that he'd be willing to go after the refs like this is a very positive sign. Despite what some say, working the refs is an art with tangible benefit if done right. Makes me think he'd show some sack as a recruiter too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bilas: Rasheed Sulaimon, G, Duke Blue Devils

Every time I watch Sulaimon play or practice, I come away more impressed. He has good size (6-4, 185) and length, and is really good with the ball. Excellent in transition, he can attack off the dribble and he has the tools to be an excellent and consistent perimeter shooter. Defensively, Sulaimon looks like he was born in a stance, and he can guard very well. A smart, savvy hard worker who is also a terrific teammate, Sulaimon has the demeanor of a Ray Allen-type player. He is an excellent future prospect.

rome8180 said:
I guess if we land Parker, we can always run Hood at SG.

huh? Jabari will most certainly be a '4' for us if he comes here. Granted, that's a Duke 4, which is more like a 3...

My guess? IF (IF IF IF) we were to land Parker, our starting lineup next year would be:

Quinn
Sheed
Hood
Parker
MP3

That being siad, I think that we won't. So I'd imagine it will be Murph or Amile instead of JP at the 4.

oops.

Sorry lhys -- just caught the conversation. my apologies.

Hood would be a fine 2, though...

Cook
Thornton / Matt Jones
Hood / Ojeleye
Jefferson / Murphy
Plumlee / Hairston

That's the entire roster next season if no Sulaimon and no Parker.

Unless... greatness returns...

andre-dawkins-career-night.jpg

I hope Kyrie leaves if Cleveland can't get him some talent by his third year. No excuse for that. Pretty weak draft and a pretty weak free agent class.

CMon said:
I hope Kyrie leaves if Cleveland can't get him some talent by his third year. No excuse for that. Pretty weak draft and a pretty weak free agent class.
New York and LA will both have needs but as for the money, I have no idea who will be able to offer him max deals.

They really need to trade Varejao for Drummond or something.

Topher said:
CMon said:
New York and LA will both have needs but as for the money, I have no idea who will be able to offer him max deals.

They really need to trade Varejao for Drummond or something.
I don't want him on the same team as Melo though, he shoots too much. The thing is though, I don't think Kyrie will leave.

I actually dont either. Doesn't seem like the type to bail on a team for a bigger market just because.

Maybe some mix of Daniel Green, Tiago Splitter and Kawhi Leonard can be traded for Varejao. Gives the Spurs a lineup of Parker, Ginobili, Jackson, Duncan, Varejao. Maybe some mix of high Thunder draft picks from the Harden trade for Varejao. Gives the Thunder a lineup of Westbrook, Sefolosha, Durant, Ibaka, Varejao.

But the Spurs still wouldn't match up with Duncan guarding Lebron in the Finals, so I don't see them doing that. The Thunder are too cheap to pay for Varejao without shedding contracts, and even though the Cavs would likely take Perkins if they got enough out of the deal, the Thunder love Perkins too much for "chemistry."

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom