Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

I'm interested to see where Henderson and JJ go. Bulls are supposedly a player for JJ. If they get him and Rose comes back then they could make some noise in the playoffs.

Even if Mason falls out of the lottery, still a great move coming back. I cannot see him slipping outside of the top 20. Last year it was debatable if he could get picked in the 1st round.

Mason and McAdoo are holding steady at #10 and #17, respectively, on DraftExpress. Mason has fallen right behind McAdoo on NBADraft.net and I wouldn't disagree with putting Mason anywhere from 5-25 at this point. McLemore is top 3 on both mocks now. Bullock is a 2nd rounder on DraftExpress this year, NBADraft.net next year.

Jo-elle James is a first round pick on NBADraft.net next year.

Was surprised to see DraftExpress not having Jabari listed for either round in '14.

Missed duke9fan's post here about Jabari not being listed anymore.

Also, Sulaimon has been showing up in the first round for next year, after Purvis and before Karnowski. McGary is also projected first round after next year. It seems like K at least picks the right big men to show interest in, besides Fat.
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

The latest NBADraft.net projections have Plumlee at #14, Kelly at #50, and Curry at #60.

Chad Ford mentioned both Seth and Ryan getting drafted in his chat today.

On Ryan: He obviously had one of the greatest games in Duke history against Miami. NBA scouts do love mobile fours who can stretch the defense and there's no question how much Kelly has meant to Duke. They are a different (and better) team with him on the floor. There are a handful of GMs who see him as a potential late first round pick. Most everyone else has him somewhere in the second round. I really like him and even last year, when I was out in Maui scouting Duke, a number of scouts and GMs thought he would be a NBA player. I think he'll be drafted, the question is where. Offensively he has what it takes. Just not sure who he defends at the NBA level.

Seth: Second round pick. Not as highly thought of as his brother, but could still make a team thanks to his shooting ability.
- He also called him one of the few elite shooters in the draft.

Spurs will take him and everyone will be "shocked" to how they keep discovering these guys.

dukeblue2010 said:
Chad Ford mentioned both Seth and Ryan getting drafted in his chat today.

On Ryan: He obviously had one of the greatest games in Duke history against Miami. NBA scouts do love mobile fours who can stretch the defense and there's no question how much Kelly has meant to Duke. They are a different (and better) team with him on the floor. There are a handful of GMs who see him as a potential late first round pick. Most everyone else has him somewhere in the second round. I really like him and even last year, when I was out in Maui scouting Duke, a number of scouts and GMs thought he would be a NBA player. I think he'll be drafted, the question is where. Offensively he has what it takes. Just not sure who he defends at the NBA level.

Seth: Second round pick. Not as highly thought of as his brother, but could still make a team thanks to his shooting ability.
- He also called him one of the few elite shooters in the draft.

Lol at Ford thinking Ryan will have trouble defending in the NBA. I mean really. A more legitimate complaint would be whether his line drive 3 point shot could translate to the NBA, but I don't see where you could find a flaw in his defense. If Seth sticks in the league, I will be so happy.

Ryan, like Kyle, will probably have no problem defending in the NBA.

@Best4, one of the things NBA analysts always talk about is players need at least one exceptional skill to make it in the league. Seth has one for sure.

Nbadraft.net now with zero NC State players in the first round. They're not helping themselves in Tally either.

April 10: NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee Application Deadline
April 15: NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee Response Deadline
April 16: NCAA Early Entry “Withdrawal” Deadline
April 28: NBA Draft Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 pm ET)
May 2: NBA Draft Early Entry Candidates Released – Underclassmen Contact Permitted
May 15-19: NBA Draft Combine (Chicago)
May 21: NBA Draft Lottery
June 17: NBA Draft Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (5:00 pm ET)
June 27: 2013 NBA Draft

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom