Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Yeah, I think the Celtics could make a run, depending on matchups. I would certainly take them over the Bulls in the 1st round. I could see them giving the Sixers trouble as well.

Another great acquisition by Griffin. The only thing stopping his creation from being a title contender is Zion Williamson being an asshole. A GM can only do so much, even if he’s the best GM in sports.

Sixers should be title favorites pretty soon. They’ve unlocked Maxey, they have prime Harden, they’re going to make 35+ FTs every game in the playoffs.

Mavs won without Luka tonight, as Dinwiddie and Brunson poured in 59 efficient points.

Looks like they could have an unstoppable smallball lineup for the playoffs, if they’re willing to commit to it: Brunson, Dinwiddie, Doncic, Finney-Smith, some random tall guy who can shoot a little bit (Dwight Powell?).

They’re currently projected to be in a 4/5 matchup with the Jazz. If that happens, it’s basically Snyder and Gobert’s last stand, and I would be stunned if Gobert isn’t getting lit up in crunch time.

Will Jason Kidd actually do that though? He's proven this year that he's not the total moron he was in Milwaukee. But I'm still not convinced he's at the level of a Ty Lue.

ETA: I see he already did it against the Warriors. Maybe I'm underrating his progression as a coach.

Last edited:
Celtics making the conference finals would be very unsurprising to me. Biggest obstacle right now is their seeding. They've been the best team for about half the season. I think they need to get up to the 3 seed to have that happen. As of today, that would give them the Cavs followed by the Sixers. I think they can beat both. They could also beat the Bulls. Less confident in a potential Heat or Bucks matchup.

They did not hold on. Ingram’s 38/5/9 was not enough to overcome a god game from Jokic. Might’ve been the best game by any player this season. 16/22 FG, 3/5 3PT, 11/12 FT, 46/12/11, 3 steals, 4 blocks. Just stupid. Embiid better.

Mavs won without Luka tonight, as Dinwiddie and Brunson poured in 59 efficient points.

Looks like they could have an unstoppable smallball lineup for the playoffs, if they’re willing to commit to it: Brunson, Dinwiddie, Doncic, Finney-Smith, some random tall guy who can shoot a little bit (Dwight Powell?).
I'm with you on this, but I feel like that basically is what their core lineup looks like. They can swap Kleber in and out for Finney-Smith. If Hardaway Jr comes back from injury, him replacing any of the perimeter guys still gives you shooting and okay defense. Plus they have Bullock and Bertans as floor-spreaders in the 8th/9th man spots.

Powell really doesn't shoot a lot of threes, but when he's off the floor, it's DFS or Bertans out there as a kind-of-tall guy in a total 5-out offense. Worse on D than with Powell, but even harder to stop.

Kleber is a better shooter and defender than Powell. I would go with him in a "small ball" lineup that is not actually that small.

Kleber's got a really good combo of speed and rim-protection. But not sure how well that works against dudes as big as Jokic, Embiid, etc.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom