Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Nets have won 6 of 7 and will probably draw the Bucks, Celtics or Sixers in the 1st round, with Kyrie advantage.
The Nets playoff scenarios are pretty intriguing right now. They are within 2 games of the 7 and 10 seeds right now with 10 games. Finishing 8th, where they are currently placed, would be ideal if the 7th seed wasn't Toronto, the only road arena Kyrie cannot play in. Assuming Kyrie is more valuable than home court advantage, finishing 10th would be better than finishing 9th. Staying in 8th if Toronto passes the Cavs would be ideal for them.

Then the other side of it is top seeds, who don't want to face the Nets. You're probably much more comfortable against the Bulls or Cavs (or Raptors) than the Nets, even with .57 Kyrie and 0 Ben. But you don't know if the Nets will even make the playoffs, or where they will end up if they do. I think that lack of clarity prevents the top 4 seeds from trying to lose although I'm not sure if Heat Culture would even allow such a thing to begin with. If you knew the Nets were the 7 seed, you'd almost have to try to avoid the 2 seed.

“Athletes and entertainers”

Like what has been said, they were never going to allow this to actually stop their precious Yankees from playing

Don’t think we’ve ever seen this before, where the 7 or 8 seed will be so favored in Vegas in every series they play in.

I for one hope it’s Philadelphia vs Brooklyn. That might hands down be the most compelling first round match up of all time

Last edited:
Feels like the Celtics will be the only team that can match up and hope to even get to 7 games against them if Simmons can actually play and just be some semblance of himself.

That was fast.

Still not sold on Boston. They’re getting a decent amount of contributions from role players like Pritchard who are just screaming to be shut down in the playoffs. And is Tatum as an iso bucket getter really going to be enough when other teams start playing playoff defense? Won’t matter if they maintain the best defensive advantage since the ‘04 Pistons, but I don’t trust that holding up either.

Sixers, very skeptical about this team when fouls stop getting called this grotesquely often. Especially with Harden and Embiid and Rivers’ history of coming up small.

Bulls might as well be +infinity. Didn’t realize they were 0-16 or w/e against the top 3 seeds in each conference. And if there’s a player who won’t translate to the playoffs, it’s DeRozan

Not even end of the first and Celtics are already up damn near twenty on Utah, goddamn.

Haven’t really watched them outside of national games. When did Robert Williams become such a force? He’s shutting down the rim. Wasn’t he on that team that wrecked UNC a few years ago?

Shame that Ainge constantly botched the PG position and the team never made it work with Kyrie. Because his draft picks are flourishing, finally. Maybe Stevens’ system was the problem?

Williams playing a kind of free safety roll is the secret to Boston's defense. Honestly, the team just has zero weak links at that end.

On offense, they're running such better action than they did under Stevens. For all his greatness as a coach, Stevens' offense always looked like college offense. The Celtics really move the ball now.

My pick to come out of the East is Milwaukee. Their offense this year has achieved a new level with their big three on the floor. It's 120+. And even when Giannis sits, it's still over 120. Jrue Holiday is having far and away the best season of his career. Middleton being picked over him for the All-Star team is one of the strangest and stupidest things ever. Players love Jrue, and I would think coaches respect him a lot too. Not sure how that happened.

The Celtics in 2022 are legitimately, by the numbers, the most dominant NBA team we've seen since the KD Warriors. They will be the ultimate test of whether the eye test still rules in the NBA playoffs, because I think they're going to be underdogs against the Nets, Bucks and Sixers when the numbers say they should be heavy favorites against all of them.

Pritchard just outhustled two black Jazz forwards six inches taller than him to secure the rebound and layup to put the Celtics up thirty with five minutes in the half left.

this is the kind of shit that makes me think this could just be the 2015 Hawks 2.0, at least offensively

I don't think the Hawks had nearly the level of individual shot creator of a Tatum or even a Brown, though. Their leading scorer was literally a 16.7 ppg Paul Millsap (not a guy exactly known for off-the-dribble juice).

I hope you’re right, I’m just worried that 8 for 25 Tatum will come back once the playoffs arrive, but maybe this will be his breakthrough year. Hell, maybe they’ll be able to carry this ball movement offense through the postseason like the 2014 Spurs did, presumably Udoka’s inspiration

Tatum really only has to be elite offensively for four games every series. I think the bigger question for me is their 3pt shooting. I believe they're 20th on the season.

Warriors lose last night to Orlando but then beat the Heat tonight while resting the main core. I have no idea what to make of this team anymore.

Nets aren't doing shit. Both KD and Kyrie had incredible games and they lost to the Grizzlies without Morant in a must-win game. Their defense is absolutely atrocious.

Biggest game of the year for Nets fan is this Raptors-Cavs match happening. If Toronto makes it to #6, nothing stops Kyrie from playing in every remaining game

I just kinda want Toronto to be opposite the Sixers in the first round, wherever that ends up happening.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom