Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Until the NBA has an Offensive Player of the Year award, which makes sense to go with a Defensive Player of the Year award, most voters are going to treat the MVP as an offensive award. For this stupid reason, I don't think Kawhi will win MVP. His defense actually hurts his MVP candidacy, because voters will figure he'll get the DPOY and then they can feel good about splitting the MVP off to someone else purely based on offense. This is the world we live in.

Which is why I hope it is Harden. Better offensively than Westbrook, better defensively, and on a better team.

Golden State looks to be in trouble. I still don't buy the Celtics are anything but a regular season over-achiever. I don't think you can win shit in the playoffs if your best player is 5'8 Isaiah Thomas.

I'm kinda nervous about a CLE-SAS finals though, especially now that Kawhi seems to have taken a leap. I know playoffs LeBron is on another level, but he also hates being guarded by Kawhi more than any other player. And given how absolute shit the Cavs have been giving up open shots, and how good San Antonio is at getting them, i'm worried it could be 2014 all over again. The only thing making me feel better is how superior Irving is to any of San Antonio's guards, which I think are too weak a rotation to win a title in this day and age.

Nice of Kerr to let people focus on college basketball tonight. I expect Spurs to be close to 15-point favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well that's it. Kawhi + role players isn't enough to beat them in a 7 game series, even without KD. They will make it to the finals once again with a weaker path than Cleveland, who will have to go through Detroit/Raptors/Wizards.

DurhamSon said:

Well that's it. Kawhi + role players isn't enough to beat them in a 7 game series, even without KD. They will make it to the finals once again with a weaker path than Cleveland, who will have to go through Detroit/Raptors/Wizards.

You never know....

J-harden.jpg

Steph Curry will never make another wide open three again. God damn it's incredible how many open shoots he's missed the last 8 games.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Simmons' last decent trade value column was about 10 years ago.

Whatever science Popovich is talking about, I am confident the Duke basketball program does not know it.

I don't think the league cares if you sit guys on a Tuesday night on a League Pass game in Indiana. The problem is that coaches are sitting players in marquee matchups on ESPN. This happened when the Cavs' stars sat vs. the Clippers on a Saturday night ESPN game recently.

One thing I don't understand is why players are being sat in games vs. good opponents anyway. Why not sit them vs. terrible opponents you still have a chance of beating? Also, why sit all of them at once? Lebron and anyone can beat Orlando. Kyrie and Love can probably beat Brooklyn. Why just concede a game? Why not get the rest for your players and still try to win?

Isn't it usually a road game against a good opponent and on top of that, often on the back end of a back-to-back? It's a game they are more likely to lose even with all of the stars, so why bother risking any of them?

I don't follow the NBA very closely, so someone tell me how stupid that was.

I don't follow the NBA, either. Doesn't ESPN have to pay top dollar for rights to games with teams such as the Cavs or Warriors? And don't they do it with the expectation that they're paying for the Cavalier and Warrior stars, not the Cavalier and Warrior scrubs?

I guess I can see both sides, but if I'm the network paying for the games (or a fan who bought a ticket), I'm going to feel like I was the victim of a bait-and-switch.

Nick wright had a brilliant solution for this on the Cowherd show: HCA in a playoff series goes towards the team with the better season h2h record, with ties going to the higher seeded team. This way teams are still rewarded for winning more, as seeding still dictates the matchups themselves, but it also provides huge incentive to actually win the regular season marquee TV match ups. And you can still rest players against bad teams that you don't have to worry about facing in the playoffs anyways.

It's so elegant and perfect of a solution I wish they could implement it tomorrow.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom