Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Don't like it. For instance, the Grizzlies beat the Warriors 2-1 in the season series and are 17 GB of the Warriors. If they met up in the 1st round of the playoffs, why should they be rewarded for home court advantage because they won 2 games in the first month and a half of the season?

The easiest way to fix the rest is to start at the beginning of October with 2-3 preseason games and start the real season October 10th. Then end the season the last week of April.

CK86 said:
Don't like it. For instance, the Grizzlies beat the Warriors 2-1 in the season series and are 17 GB of the Warriors. If they met up in the 1st round of the playoffs, why should they be rewarded for home court advantage because they won 2 games in the first month and a half of the season?

Because they beat GS twice.

And HCA only comes into play if you think you'll have to play a game 7 anyways, which you shouldn't have to worry about against considerably lesser teams. I love it because it actually creates regular season urgency which the NBA is extremely lacking unlike the NFL.

They could also make the advantages of top seeds more disparate so people simply care more about every regular season game, and we don't have such a problem in the first place.

1st round

1 seed gets 6 games at home, 1 road. HHRHHHH. If the 1 seed starts 3-0, series is over, no need to go 4-0. If the 8 seed starts 3-0, they still need to win another game.

2 seed gets 5 games at home, 2 road. HHRRHHH. If the 1 seed starts 3-0, series is over, same as above.

3 seed gets a traditional 7-game series, except if the 3 seed starts 3-0, series is over, same as above.

4 seed gets a traditional 7-game series.

2nd round

1 seed, if still alive, gets 5 games at home, 2 road. Must win 4 games.

Traditional series for the non-1 seed series.

Conference Finals

Traditional series. Home court determined by record against all playoff teams, tie breaker is record against all teams.

Finals

Same as conference finals.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Conference Finals

Traditional series. Home court determined by record against all playoff teams, tie breaker is record against all teams.
What if you just did something like this for all rounds of the playoffs? Teams in the playoffs are determined by regular season record, but seeding (and homecourt) for each round is determined by record vs playoff teams.

The only thing i don't like about that alternative is that i think it's a little unfair for western conference teams, who don't get nearly as many games as the the better eastern conference teams do against the low seed EC teams, which every year are worse, sometimes considerably, than the low seeded WC playoff teams. For instance, although the Warriors have 11 more wins than the Cavs overall right now, they only have 3 more wins in conference. Whereas if it's based on h2h, there's no penalty for the team that plays in a considerably stronger conference.

Keep it as is, eliminate back to backs and lengthen schedule. Problem solved. There's no reason to drastically change things just because teams choose to strategically rest players.

Watching the Wiz and the Hawks right now and Dwight Howard is just incredibly bone headed. Still. Has changed in no way, except he's older and slower.

I see that Harrison Barnes made the eventual game-winner over Austin Rivers last night, and Redick missed the winning 3 at the buzzer. #DukeintheNBA

21-40 FG, 24-26 FT, 4-11 3PT, 8 REB, 6 AST

Duke coaches scouted him and Grayson Allen and decided Allen was the better prospect and would be the better representative for Duke University.

Miami Heat drafted Justise Winslow over him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was excited to watch Warriors/Rockets tonight until I realized it was on NBA TV which means Houston announcers (aka 2nd worst in the league). Now I don't think I'm going to watch.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I am Dion Waiters. If UNC wins the title, I might as well end it.
I am also Dion Waiters. Let's jump off a cliff together. We'll record a video with secret instructions to Scheyer about how to improve K's coaching before we go.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom