Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1905 ... left-wrist

Green claimed he punched Harden's wrist Friday because Harden was pinching him in the stomach area.

"He pinched me, so I punched his wrist," Green said. "That's pretty much it. He does it often actually, which is kind of adolescent, but whatever.

Video back ups what Draymond said. It shows Harden grabbing him in the stomach then Draymond punches him to get him to let go.

That actually seems like an entirely reasonable reaction to being pinched on a basketball court. What a weird fucking thing to do.

Harden looks like someone who would be pinching people. He also looks like someone who would be setting large bridges on fire in Atlanta.

If NBA teams were smart, I'd say Rose has played his last game in the NBA. He's been a clear net-negative with the Knicks despite putting up his best statistical season post-injury, and now we have yet another injury. There really isn't any chance that he'll ever be a plus-player (or even serviceable backup) in the league again.

11th win in a row for the Warriors including 5 wins this week over playoff teams. Up 3.5 with 5 games to play, looking good to lock up the top seed overall.

Tyronn Lue is the worst coach -- by far -- to win a title in league history.

This dumb fuck has probably taken a year off LeBron's elite window. Does he not know that LeBron has won a road playoff game in like 27 consecutive playoff series? Stop running him into the ground at 32 just to win an extra regular season game.

I don't think Lue is better than Blatt. In fact, I think the opposite. Lue got lucky in that he had all his guys healthy and that Green got suspended for Game 5. Otherwise he loses in five games and looks like a failure compared to Blatt, who managed six games without Love or Kyrie.

Oh no question Blatt is better, even though I thought he was over his head somewhat too and misused Love terribly. But he wasn't a "players-coach" lapdog LeBron wanted, so he got the axe. But Lue has been completely exposed as incompetent this season.

There was no reason whatsoevr not to put LeBron on a 32-33 minute per night restriction, with 16-20 games of regular season rest. God forbid they end up as a 4 seed and win two road playoff games they were going to anyways.

DurhamSon said:

This dumb fuck has probably taken a year off LeBron's elite window. Does he not know that LeBron has won a road playoff game in like 27 consecutive playoff series? Stop running him into the ground at 32 just to win an extra regular season game.

To be fair, LeBron is in his 14th season. He's already 26th in NBA history for career minutes. How many remaining years in his elite window do you think he has?

DurhamSon said:

I didn't realize he played 52 minutes last night. Jesus christ. LeBron is at almost 38 minutes per game now! Kyrie at 35 minutes per game. Love is at only 31 minutes but he's been injured off and on all season.

Golden State's had an opposite approach. Steph's playing the 2nd fewest minutes per game since he became a starter. KD when healthy was playing the fewest minutes of his career by between 2-5 minutes less. Draymond is only playing 32 minutes a game. Klay is actually right in the middle as far as career averages since he became a starter at 34 minutes per game which is the highest on the team.

This is a few days old. Towns is still well above 60% TS and still 21 years old. His defensive numbers are terrible to the point of him being a net negative player overall in on/off splits. Once that comes around - for a freak like Towns, it should come around with experience - he will be in that alien overall player tier along with LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, Davis and Paul. Giannis is getting very close; upward trends in 3pt% and FT% suggest he'll get there. LeBron and Paul probably drop out in 2-3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warriors clinched home court advantage throughout the playoffs and third straight regular season with 65 wins.

Russell Westbrook has done it. He has averaged double digits in raw points, rebounds and assists over the course of a regular season. Therefore, he is the MVP.

There's also "He led this, post-Durant, Thunder team to the 10th best record in the NBA." I actually think he's a worthy candidate.

There are plenty of good reasons to give the MVP to Westbrook, which everyone here obviously understands, but the bulk of the voters are only going to base their choice on having double digit averages in three basic categories.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom