Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I assume this means the Knicks would consider trading Porzingis for Fultz or Ball. The only reason I wouldn't be surprised by this is the Knicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Porzingis, please. He would be a perfect fit.

I know Jimmy Butler is a star, but I would not trade for him. Too many issues with other teammates, coaches...who needs it. Stick with Jaylen Brown, see what kind of player he can become.

Butler's probably the only one of those that could be had for the #1 pick in this year's draft. George and Porzingis are good enough and young enough, and proven, whereas this year's draft is deep but has no surefire All-Stars, IMO. A number of high-risk, high-reward types, though.

Cavs would be favored in a series against the Eastern conference all stars. God damn this is an absolute beatdown.

Apparently this Isaiah Thomas injury is career altering, so he has no trade value anymore and the Celtics need Fultz/Ball.

They'll get a 1st round pick from the Knicks for him.

The only trade I would make if I were the Celtics would be to get Porzingis. Fuck Butler and George.

This might be the first time I've ever lol'd when looking at betting lines. Cavs are favored in the Eastern Conference Finals of the NBA by 17 points.

rome8180 said:
The only trade I would make if I were the Celtics would be to get Porzingis. Fuck Butler and George.

Spot on. Butler / George would not be the best fit on the Celts

It makes sense to offer stevens 15 million+ a year to replace K, right? Surely someone in the Duke AD recognizes that a few extra million a year than they're paying now for 25+ years of continued hegemony is more than worth it. Especially when they're pumping in more than that into football just to hope to finish with 6-8 wins a season.

People already hate Duke enough without having Stevens coaching our guys to commit assault.

DurhamSon said:
It makes sense to offer stevens 15 million+ a year to replace K, right? Surely someone in the Duke AD recognizes that a few extra million a year than they're paying now for 25+ years of continued hegemony is more than worth it. Especially when they're pumping in more than that into football just to hope to finish with 6-8 wins a season.

Yes. Offer whatever it takes. If it takes a million per win, go for it, don't care.

I don't think Stevens would return to college for anything less than 1.5x the max an NBA team would offer. An NBA team will pay him a little more than Popovich after this current contract, and give him full personnel authority as well. That means $13-14 million a year and full control over roster decisions.

The main differences from college would be not needing to suck up to teenagers and coaching at the highest level instead of coaching some idiot freshmen who don't care about winning games that season. Would take at least $20 million a year for him to think about it, IMO. Duke won't do that, makes no sense financially or academically. A college basketball program just isn't worth that to any school. Collins for $5 million is fine after Capel takes us to the brink of Vanderbilt.

Goddamn, how can these fucking douchebags keep finding ways to be even more hatable pieces of shit? Like it proves shit when you added Kevin Durant to the team you had last year, that won 88 games without him.

I've never rooted so hard for a plane crash before

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacob says a lot of dumb shit but he's been insanely successful since he took over the franchise. The franchise hadn't won anything in 35 years when he took over and now 3 straight finals appearances. He's the Draymond of owners, great if he's on your team and easily hateable if not.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom