Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Rockets had a good year. IMO, I don't think they should make a coaching change. They could look at improving the interior to complement Capela, but I don't think wholesale changes are needed to stay top 3 in the west.

Toronto media thinks Lowry is going to the Sixers.

rome8180 said:
I've heard that tossed around. Not sure how likely it is, but people are certainly discussing it. I am sure Nola would prefer Paul to Lowry. Similar age, but Paul has played there before and is better.

rome8180 said:
Am I overreacting when I say Houston should fire D'Antoni, trade Harden, and rebuild around Capela? Yes, I am. But by how much?

What's the trade value for a guy that plays no defense but will make $91 million over the next three seasons? Billy King is not running an NBA team anymore.

rome8180 said:
I've heard that tossed around. Not sure how likely it is, but people are certainly discussing it. I am sure Nola would prefer Paul to Lowry. Similar age, but Paul has played there before and is better.

Think if Paul leaves it would be to the Spurs. That said, I think it's unlikely he and Blake aren't back with the Clippers. Now if one or both are still there after the trade deadline, who knows.

If we're going for white two-guards, they should get JJ too. Lowry/JJ/Covington/Simmons/Embiid. Tatum off the bench until he proves he can hit an NBA three.

I like it. Hoping the Pistons get something dainty like a Greek yogurt brand on their jerseys. Would make the games more enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long til the jerseys go full nascar on the logo front? Will players with endorsement deals from opposing firms be able to wrap themselves in the American flag during games?

Are the GSW the most villainous team of the last decade? Or did people hate the Heat more?

The hate for LeBron on the Heat until he won his first title was greater than this, IMO. Durant's move is so much more justifiable, to go to a winner in the Bay Area for less money than staying in a state he has no ties to, that no one wants to live in.

Casual fans don't care about Draymond because they think of him as a mediocre or bad player. Zaza is completely off the radar.

The Heat probably got much higher TV ratings than the Warriors, partly because of east vs. west, but that's not a factor that can be disregarded. More people were able to hate watch the Heat.

The LeBron hate was (and still is, somewhat) the most visceral sports hate for one individual i've seen in my lifetime, certainly.

I can't remember who wrote it, but I read a really good article that showed just how split down racial lines the hate was, and how so much of it from white people reflected some degree of the racial resentment and paternalism buttons it pressed in this society. Not to sound like Keeley but it made so much more sense when I thought about it from that perspective, especially since 'The Decision' was literally just a 26 year old man raising money for under-privlaged kids.

Of course McBoberts became one of his biggest haters, but I always felt that's because he took it really personally since he had roots in Ohio.

Ladies and Gents, Kelly Olynyk. Just another hippie-looking dude from British Columbia.

Even though they are off to get stomped by the Cavs, it has been a very successful year for the Celts.

Need to have the lottery work in their favour tonight.

Warriors are 14-point favorites with Kawhi out. They were 10-point favorites in Game 1. There's typically a slight bump for the team that is down 0-1 in Game 2. I think Kawhi is being valued at 4.5 points over replacement for the Spurs. That seems right. More valuable than LeBron to the Cavs or Harden to the Rockets. Probably on par with Westbrook to the Thunder.

Cavs are 4-point favorites in Boston. Might lose Game 1, but should take the series in no more than 6.

DurhamSon said:
The LeBron hate was (and still is, somewhat) the most visceral sports hate for one individual i've seen in my lifetime, certainly.

I can't remember who wrote it, but I read a really good article that showed just how split down racial lines the hate was, and how so much of it from white people reflected some degree of the racial resentment and paternalism buttons it pressed in this society. Not to sound like Keeley but it made so much more sense when I thought about it from that perspective, especially since 'The Decision' was literally just a 26 year old man raising money for under-privlaged kids.

Of course McBoberts became one of his biggest haters, but I always felt that's because he took it really personally since he had roots in Ohio.

McBoberts only half hated him.

Celtics strongly considering Tatum? Would be the greatest day in Duke basketball history, probably.

I had forgotten that the Celtics have another Nets pick coming to them next season, for Ayton/Porter/Doncic. Bad timing with their core age and the lack of franchise players for trade. I wonder if the Warriors would do Durant for Crowder, Bradley, Fultz and Porter, since they're good enough to dominate without Durant now, and they would be building for the future. Could win the next 15 titles in a row that way.

I would love JT to play for the Celts. I would hope they could put him at the 4; do you think that would work in the NBA? I think he would be a competent rebounder and scorer from that position.

If Tatum were to play the 3, they already have Brown and Crowder.

Maybe they would entertain an offer from someone for the #1.

Aside from the draft pick, Celts need to find a rebounding machine to help Horford down low.

rome8180 said:
Celtics strongly considering Tatum? Would be the greatest day in Duke basketball history, probably.

The smart thing for Boston to do would be to draft Ball and then trade him the Lakers for their #2 pick and something else. Then the Celtics can draft whoever really they want at #2.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom