Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Least surprising development at summer league - Philadelphia's top pick Markelle Fultz injured his ankle. Rotten luck with injuries.

I believe they'll rest Fultz and Embiid most of the season and run the offense through Simmons and Okafor in the post as a stealth tank job. They add Doncic in the top 3 to replace Redick next season.

Fultz
Doncic
Saric
Simmons
Embiid

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems way too optimistic that Simmons will play a game or that he is an actual person.

Late to this story, but still good to have in this thread, which will eventually be a 20-year time capsule of stupid NBA things:

Knicks are the worst situation in the league. Even accounting for being in one of the most attractive market for free agents in a vacuum. One asset, Porzingis, who will likely want to get out as soon as he hits UFA. Not bad enough/young enough to tank. Just terrible in every way, other than the place they play in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, they only have half a front office, and besides that, there's only so much they can do. I think they could've potentially found a better use of their Room Exception than the kid from Turkey, but it probably wasn't Jamal Crawford, who had a 12.4 PER. At least they finally got a young guy, as opposed to Jeff Green and Jose Calderon.

I think they should trade LeBron.

Jordan Bell put up a 5x5 statline last night in summer league. Thanks again Chicago for selling the pick!

The NBA is quickly becoming like the NFL. Finding value in rookie contracts is critical. When a nice player like Otto Porter is getting offered 100 million, if you match that offer, you are fucking your franchise. You can't spend 20% of your cap on a nice player.

If you have two or three mega stars making 20 to 30 million, young, hungry guys like Bell can make a huge difference once the playoffs roll around. If he ends up scoring a big offer sheet from someone in 3 years, thanks for the memories and let someone else over pay for him.

DrKlahn said:
Jordan Bell can kiss my ass.

6 points, 16 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal tonight. Monster. If not for Pat McCaw they'd be saying greatest summer league player of all time already.

This isn't particularly timely, but I still can't believe the Spurs signed Rudy Gay for 2 years for $17 million.

That's 2.5 million less than Ryan Anderson will make next year alone. It's almost $10 million less than what Carmelo will make next year alone.

Gay's PER is the same as Carmelo's, and at this point in their careers, he's equal to or better than Carmelo as a shooter and rebounder. You know the Spurs will find a way to make Gay like 15% better and get him enough rest so that he stays healthy and plays 70 games, too.

The NBA may be an uncompetitive joke now, but at least Silver is getting things done to make the whole experience less painful for fans. 4 fewer max timeouts per game, 15:00 halftimes starting immediately upon end of half, 2 timeouts max per team in final 3:00.

I agree with trading LeBron, but it's a close decision. They're going to be heavy favorites to win the East again next season, so they only need one major injury to the Warriors to have a good chance at the title. I think the temptation is too strong for the front office, so they will ride it out and bank on the small but significant chance one of the Warriors stars is injured for the Finals.

After next season, Cavs are done, possibly for the rest of our lives. Maybe they are hoping for LeBron to get them something in a sign and trade, so there is less urgency to get a return for him before free agency. I think if the Knicks were willing to take LeBron now for Porzingis and the Knicks' next 3 first round picks, unprotected, Cavs would be foolish not to accept it.

He has a no trade clause so that severely limits options cause I can't imagine he'd want to play for another shit owner or have the team he's going to gutted of good teammates.

In addition to the no-trade clause, the simple fact that LeBron is slated to make $33 million next year makes it hard to get the salaries to work out. The other team would have to give up like 26 million in salaries, which makes it hard for Cleveland to just get something like two good young players on cheap deals and a draft pick; you're still about 16 million short.

This is a downside of the current stratification of NBA salaries: trades are harder to pull off, so we may end up seeing more deals like what Houston did just to get CP in a sign-and-trade: 4 or 5 players plus some guys with non-guaranteed contracts that can be waived in exchange for one superstar.

Maybe LeBron will just buy a team and appoint himself GM, coach, and captain. Michael Jordan no doubt kicks himself every day for not coming up with that idea.

OedFOnJ.png

The thing about this trade is that, somehow, the Spurs roster still looks like trash afterward but this trade would apparently raise them to 65 wins in the regular season (Warriors won 67). They currently have major holes at PG, PF and C, and they had to renounce Jonathan Simmons today. Their coaching must be worth about 20 wins per season.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom