Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Good thing we weren't willing to drop bags for Smith. Still kills me we didn't recruit him.

rome8180 said:
We recruited him, but just sort of let him go his own way after a bit.

Allegedly, we used too many academic exceptions to also get Smith in. I don't buy it though.

I have heard Smith was an Adidas guy and we never had a chance. I'm ignorant as to what that entails but I'm guessing they had a deal where they were funneling him cash if he'd sign with them when he turned pro. I could see how attending a Nike school would hurt that relationship.

Am I off base?

The way to make this work is to play Rose 12-18 minutes a game when both LeBron and Kyrie are on the bench, but why would you ever want both of those guys on the bench at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I've never been an elite NBA player, so I'm not sure how big of a dick I'd be if I was great at basketball, but from an outside perspective, how can a guy like Rose accept being that shitty of a shooter? He's had his whole career to learn how to shoot, and has basically said "fuck that". Even Wall, who is far more explosive than Rose at this point, is a credible threat from deep. I can't imagine being such a shithead about something so important.

Not to turn the NBA thread into the Duval thread, I honestly feel like Duval is a superior enough athlete to get away with being a terrible shooter for his NBA try out at Duke.

Super bored again, here are the definitive trade value rankings:

1. Kawhi
2. Durant
3. Giannis
4. LeBron
5. Curry
6. Towns
7. Jokic
8. Davis
9. Harden
10. Westbrook

Kyrie asking to be traded, damn.

I hope he's not doing this because he thinks he can be a #1 and that LeBron is somehow holding him back. Not a fan of guys who chase stats and $$$ At the expense of winning. If he ends up in the West he'll just rot in mediocrity

That is disappointing.

Trying to think of a candidate in the West with resources to trade for KI; maybe Portland?

Miami, Boston also have some decent pieces to offer.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom