Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

6ubeULh.png

This would be all-out for the Rockets, max variance, max ceiling. Love at center, taking 10 3s a game. Melo at PF, also taking 10 3s a game. No rim protection, just shoot way more 3s than the Warriors and hope.

Cavs eat the trash contract of Ryan Anderson in exchange for getting a 23-year-old who is good and could replace Tristan Thompson.

Any trades with teams other than the Rockets, Spurs, Celtics or Thunder are irrelevant.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
The thing about this trade is that, somehow, the Spurs roster still looks like trash afterward but this trade would apparently raise them to 65 wins in the regular season (Warriors won 67). They currently have major holes at PG, PF and C, and they had to renounce Jonathan Simmons today. Their coaching must be worth about 20 wins per season.

I wouldn't say that Gay and Aldridge at PF/C are major holes. Their backcourt needs some help, though, although, because they're the Spurs, I'll imagine they'll turn either Brandon Paul or Bryn Forbes into a star at SG.

Speaking of Brandon Paul, this is the most Cavs thing ever:

a) Brandon Paul kills it for the Cavs' summer league team, leading them to 3-0 start.
b) Brandon Paul leaves the Cavs' summer league team early and signs a deal with the Spurs.

Gay is coming off an achilles injury that basically has left any athlete over 30 as a shell of their former self. He's done.

xNGlbdH.png

Warriors would probably say no, even with an extension in place with LeBron. No reason to break up a near-guaranteed run of titles for the chance of being even better than 15-1 in the playoffs.

childress22 said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
The thing about this trade is that, somehow, the Spurs roster still looks like trash afterward but this trade would apparently raise them to 65 wins in the regular season (Warriors won 67). They currently have major holes at PG, PF and C, and they had to renounce Jonathan Simmons today. Their coaching must be worth about 20 wins per season.

I wouldn't say that Gay and Aldridge at PF/C are major holes. Their backcourt needs some help, though, although, because they're the Spurs, I'll imagine they'll turn either Brandon Paul or Bryn Forbes into a star at SG.

That's true, I totally forgot Gay signed with them. I would consider Aldridge a terrible player for going against the Warriors at this point, though.

If the Knicks, as rumored, end up with Scott Perry as their GM, it sounds like it could be much better than a lot of ways this could have gone. Sounds like Perry, who only joined the Kings 3 months ago, played a big role in their personnel decisions this summer, including trying to unKings their roster. Letting Ben McLemore and Tyreke Evans, and Ty Lawson go. Bringing in the five rookies (4 draftees plus legitimately good and still-25 Euro Bogdan Bogdanovic) and the vets to mentor them George Hill, Vince Carter, and Zach Randolph. Add that to Buddy Hield and Skal Labissiere (who apparently had a much better rookie year than I thought he would have), note that they're in good shape to have cap space next year and especially in 2019, and that's a pretty good 3-month rebuild.

I think Quinn's career in the NBA is over now. Execs would rather sign lockeroom cancer malcontent old vets whose shooting will make your eyes bleed, than give Quinn a guaranteed minimum contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck the league and the idiot execs running it. It must be nice to be a terrible player who can scam contract after contract based on how well you played eight years ago.

Rondo has improved his 3pt shot dramatically in recent years. Would they be better off seeing what the have with younger guards rather than renting someone for a year? I think so, but that is probably not Davis's mindset, and pleasing him is all that matters. If they can't make the playoffs with the best frontcourt in the league, a max guard in Holiday and now some decent guard depth, they should tear it down and get all of Boston's picks and young players for Davis.

His 3pt shooting went up (not that he ever took many), yet his true shooting% his declined to a career worst, an atrocious 46 something percent. In fact out of the ~400 nba players who played more than 200 minutes total last season, he was 384th (Winslow as second to last, yikes). Are we sure Quinn isn't the better player? Maybe he'd put up craptastic numbers like that over an 82 game season, but not even bothering to find out when Rondo's last season was so dreadful? Geesh. If it's about Davis I almost wonder if this is some calipari influenced UK bullshit.

League has caught on that players aren't nearly as good if they're not on Spurs. This is Ron Baker money.

Meanwhile, I believe Semi Ojeleye just got signed to the Celtics for four years (two guaranteed).

It's weird - people are saying Tatum's defense is bad and Semi's defense is good. The numbers last season say the opposite, drastically opposite. Tatum will struggle against guards I guess. Especially given what the end game is in the NBA these days, I don't think using Tatum as your 2nd or 3rd smallest player makes sense anyway. He would be guarding Draymond for them.

Thomas on Thompson
Smart on Curry
Brown on Durant
Hayward on Iguodala
Tatum/Crowder on Green

rome8180 said:
I don't get why anyone is saying Tatum's defense is bad.

If someone is good on offense then they have to be bad at defense. Those are the rules.

Dennis Smith killed it. Might end up being best player from the draft. 5/2 odds on Lonzo seem like good value given what his usage/pace will be.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom