Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Never would've guessed Middleton since I don't watch Bucks and think of him as just a spot-up guy. Harden is on another planet. How do you stop the Rockets if their worst case is getting Harden the ball and just letting him do whatever he wants with no help, for 1.28 ppp? Double him and leave a shooter open for a 40%+ 3? Also weird to me that iso ballhandlers are beating ballhandlers with picks at the highest level.

SM, in a p'n'r, you are bringing a second defender into play on someone like Harden, who is so good he can shake anyone one on one. That's why iso numbers are better. If I was being guarded by some scrub, I always waved off the pick.

I hope the Celtics are smart enough to recognize the value of Aron Baynes. I would honestly keep him over several players Celtics fans think are better.

His offensive BPM is still pretty poor, but based on the two-man game he had with Kyrie tonight, I think it will come around if he is give more opportunity. And I truly believe they would have beat the Spurs on the road pretty easily if he had been able to play more of the game. Horford can't hang with guys like Aldridge.

Has Baynes been the most well-coached player in history? Tony Bennett, Popovich and Stevens for the majority of his active career?

The exact Baynes teaching path has been Dick Bennett 1yr, Tony Bennett 3yrs, Euro 4yrs, Gregg Popovich 3yrs, Stan Van Gundy 2yrs, Brad Stevens 1yr.

He's the example to use if you are trying to convince some idiot that coaching makes a difference on defense.

I'm not posting this because Kyrie abused Plumlee multiple times, including blocking his shot. I'm posting it because Russell Westbrook has gotten a lot of flak lately for his nonexistent off-ball movement. I always knew that Kyrie moved well without the ball, but it seems especially noticeable in Boston. Half of these plays are isos, but the other half are quick cuts of some nature.

Back to Baynes, I didn't realize he is 31. For a big of his size, that does diminish his value. And it doesn't fit in with their timeline. I'm not sure who they could draft or trade for that would give them a younger version of that bruiser body though.

I always knew that Kyrie moved well without the ball, but it seems especially noticeable in Boston.

I'm not even sure he moved that well without the ball in Cleveland. Everyone just stood watching Bron or Kyrie drive to either score or kick out to a shooter who was open from the collapsing D.

Back to Baynes, I didn't realize he is 31. For a big of his size, that does diminish his value. And it doesn't fit in with their timeline. I'm not sure who they could draft or trade for that would give them a younger version of that bruiser body though.

I don't buy this argument that you have to have everyone hitting their peak at the same age. For these reasons:

1) The Celtics' championship window is already open, even if GSW and HOU may have better odds. Will their odds be better in 2 or 3 years? One can hope, although...

2) Shit happens. Injuries, guys checking out mentally, guys hating their role on the team. It's tough to plan for three years from now.

3) We're talking about key bench players here, not cornerstones. Plenty of evidence that the right key vets can really help.. Iguodala, Livingston, and Bogut are all guys who are 5 years older than Klay/Draymond. Duncan at 37 was a defensive anchor on the Kawhi-led team that won in 2014.

4) Baynes may just be an odd enough duck -- body wise, career-minutes-logged-wise, etc -- that his prime is last year and this year, rather than the typical age 27 peak. A Baynes a year or two past his prime may still be pretty fucking valuable in 2019 and 2020, if the Celts can resign him.

OR..
He's not quite as big as Baynes, but Johnny's former player Dwight Powell (Mavs) is 6'10" 240 and playing sneakily well for them this season. He's also third in the league in defensive rating and the only real big besides Baynes in the top 10. He's signed through 2018-19 with a player option for the following year, though.

I always knew that Kyrie moved well without the ball, but it seems especially noticeable in Boston.

I'm not even sure he moved that well without the ball in Cleveland. Everyone just stood watching Bron or Kyrie drive to either score or kick out to a shooter who was open from the collapsing D.
Don't quite agree with that assessment. Sure, there was a lot of iso ball. But LeBron finding a cutting Kyrie was a lot more common than you're making it out to be.

OR..
He's not quite as big as Baynes, but Johnny's former player Dwight Powell (Mavs) is 6'10" 240 and playing sneakily well for them this season. He's also third in the league in defensive rating and the only real big besides Baynes in the top 10. He's signed through 2018-19 with a player option for the following year, though.

Canadian content.

Almost makes a Canadian hoops fan forget about Wiggins' shitty season.

"It's a headache," professional bettor Erin Rynning told ESPN. "You do all this research, and you want to think you're going to get 100 percent effort. That's the frustrating thing with the Warriors. They are bored. They have bigger fish to fry."

Statistically, the Warriors are among the NBA's most unpredictable teams this season. On average, their final scores land 10.5 points away from the point spread, according to Rob Nelson of ESPN Stats & Information.

"The one-seed means nothing [to them]," Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook head NBA oddsmaker and manager Jeff Sherman said. "The regular season is the preseason to these guys."

Rockets, Cavs and Celts all have had win streaks of more than 10 games this year.

I wonder when was the last time so many teams went on double digit win streaks?

What an assbeating by a team missing Gobert and Favors.

I'm gonna e-slap Toronto if I see his ass defending Rozier and Smart even one more time.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom