Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Maybe Ainge should have done something, literally anything, instead of punting on the season.

Celts are in trouble. Gotta lift themselves out of this.

The D has gone into the tank, which they can ill afford.

Al Horford is such an elite defender though. Sure DeAndre had 30 and 14, but imagine how well he'd have done if Horford hadn't played. 30 million dollar man through and through

I'm somewhere in between your position and best's. I think Horford is an incredibly valuable player, but he is just not equipped to deal with any team with a physically imposing center.

Maybe Ainge should have done something, literally anything, instead of punting on the season.
At risk of sounding like the typical Boston homer, this is a very young team that lost a huge piece on opening night and they're still going to win 55 games. It's starting to look like they've simply overachieved and are crashing back down to Earth. I've come around on Cleveland's improvements being real, and I don't think Boston is beating them or Toronto in a 7-game series.

Sure, but I think they could have gotten some bench help for a late first-rounder. I don't think that would have sacrificed their future. And it may have been enough to get them a 1 seed, which to me is the difference between losing in the 2nd round to the Cavs and making the Conference Finals.

I know that's just one more round, and maybe it doesn't ultimately matter. But I also don't think that late first pick is a difference maker worth holding onto.

While I'd normally be inclined to agree, late first round picks in last year's draft include guys like Josh Hart, Jarrett Allen, and Kyle Kuzma. A half-season of Tyreke isn't nearly as valuable as having any of those guys on rookie deals, so even trading those late 1st rounders can come back to bite you.

God, I sound like I'm Danny Ainge's PR guy.

Yeah, but there's just as much chance you get Nolan Smith or whoever. It's a total crapshoot. The better argument is that the late first-round pick could have value as part of a trade package. I still feel like it wouldn't be the deciding factor though. But maybe Ainge will look smart in the long run. It's also possible that Memphis was asking more than I think.

I am comfortable with Ainge standing pat for now, even if the Celts struggle a bit in the 2nd half. Focus on the long run (2020 title run).

What scares me in regards to Boston is I actually think Hayward and Horford are grossly overpaid.

What scares me in regards to Boston is I actually think Hayward and Horford are grossly overpaid.

That may be true. Horford is a valuable player for them, but that is a lot of $ tied up with him. I'm withholding judgement on the Hayward contract until I see how well he fits in with the team.

How good would a Ball-George-Ingram-Bron lineup be? Don't rly know who they could afford to play the 5 but they'd have zero post players.

You'd have to see the entire roster to be honest. Should have strong defensive potential. PG is the perfect 2nd weapon for a LeBron team although it wouldn't have the type of shooting he's used to.

How good would a Ball-George-Ingram-Bron lineup be? Don't rly know who they could afford to play the 5 but they'd have zero post players.

Well, they'd kinda suck at point, but you can never have too many small forwards I guess.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom