Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Kupchak is going to replace Cho for the Hornets next season. Luke Maye is about to be a lottery pick.

Kupchak is going to replace Cho for the Hornets next season. Luke Maye is about to be a lottery pick.

Not a surprise that the one organization in both the NBA and NFL each owned by former players are a bastion of cronyism and incompetence.

Last edited:
Read the SI article. While I think a lot of the #metoo movement stuff has been flat-out ridiculous, the revelations here were sickening. Terdema Ussery seems like absolute human scum. At a certain tipping point, like with Cosby, you reach a preponderance of evidence where I think you can safely assume guilt.

When your nickname is Terd, someone should realize there's gonna be a problem.

I wouldn't be shocked if Leonard and the Spurs part ways. There have been rumors for a while there not getting a long. I'd prefer Davis but I wonder Boston could snag Leonard. Hayward and a top 5 pick?

Kawhi is still an elite asset in the league, so it would take Hayward, Tatum/Brown, a top 5 pick and more. The Spurs might actually value Marcus Smart because they can turn him into a consistent 45% 3pt shooter, and that would make Smart one of the best role players in the league. Hayward, Brown, Smart and a top pick might get it done, IMO, which would leave Tatum as a chip to use for Davis. Maybe something like Horford, Tatum and several 1st round picks for Davis.

Leaves Boston with:

Kyrie Irving
JJ Redick
Kawhi Leonard
Anthony Davis
Marshall Plumlee

and no 1st round picks for a while.

I think Tatum and Hayward definitely become a bit redundant if you get Kawhi, unfortunately. Not sure Boston will want to gamble on someone with his recent injuries though.

Respectfully disagree with the Kawhi take. This offseason he'll have but one year left on his deal so that depresses his value already, but even if you had a wink wink kind of deal to resign him, not playing for months when you've been medically cleared, with some nebulous degenerative chronic tendinopathy injury, is a huge red flag. That's the kind of injury that with one more set back can end a career. I think that described haul is more in line with a trade in which you knew Kawhi wanted out, but was as healthy as ever.

Also, i'm curious what Kawhi looks like outside the Spurs system. Not saying he isn't elite but their record in games he doesn't play is absurd.

Last edited:
Stevens is too smart to gamble on damaged goods. Especially if the ask is $1.25 on the dollar. Frankly, that would be a bit of concern about Davis as well. Now even up and/or dishing broken inventory of his own, as in the case with the Cleveland rape, he'll take a shot on superstar upside (Kyrie). But KI's contract situation was 10x better.

Much better to let Hayward prove value again and ship GH, Brown and a pick for a disgruntled Kawhi in a sign and trade.

I love Kawhi, but I don't want the Celts giving up JT, a second starter + a boatload of other assets for him. Aside from Irving, JT is the centerpiece of that franchise. No sense to put him on the market already (that isn't my Duke homerspeak, either).

I hear you ronto and I actually think Davis is the better play. Horford, Brown, Rozier and 2 picks for Davis. JJ signs a smaller deal to chase a ring.

Kyrie
Redick
Tatum
Monroe
Davis

DTFU

Spurs timeline for unloading a disgruntled Kawhi may or may not align with letting Hayward prove his value.
I hear you ronto and I actually think Davis is the better play. Horford, Brown, Rozier and 2 picks for Davis. JJ signs a smaller deal to chase a ring.

Kyrie
Redick
Tatum
Monroe
Davis

DTFU

F this paint clogging two big bullshit though. Tatum at the 4 is money. He's only going to get stronger and bigger over the next couple of years.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom