Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

Star about to sign a long term offer with Buffalo.

Hurney is letting our lines erode while chasing after mediocre WRs.

It's the opposite of Gettleman and his over-focus on HAWG MAWWWWLIES at the expense of skill players... except we're still going to blow at every skill position. So Hurney's just dismantling our strong units, and replacing them with nothing.

The latest CBS mock has us taking Will Hernandez, G, UTEP in the first round because we are losing Norwell. I think I'll punch myself in the nuts if this happens.

That seems out of character for the Bills front office, based on everything else they've been doing since they arrived (a sole focus on amassing draft picks and rebuilding around a new QB). What's the reasoning for the Star signing? They're probably not making the playoffs for as long as he's there.

Cousins to Vikings. 3 yrs, $84 million.

Keenum to Denver.

Ngata to Philly. Robinson to Chicago. Watkins to Kansas City.

Panthers New-Jersey won't be outdone by Panthers North

That is so typical of Gettleman to bring in a washed up vet way past his prime though.

Last edited:
I don't think that's the 'Skins CB that most Panther fans wanted in Charlotte.

I agree but he is better than who he is replacing. Check out his career stats in the last link in the post above yours. Breeland is a ballhawk and we've been missing that since Tillman retired.

As far as the money goes, Breeland will be getting $24 million over three years, per Mike Garafolo at NFL Network.

That’s a more-than-fair deal for an above-average starting cornerback.

Also, from a football perspective, it’s a good move that addresses one of the team’s major issues.

Ever since both Josh Norman and Charles Tillman left following the 2015 season, Carolina has been struggling to replace their ball skills and ability to create turnovers.

Last year, the Panthers tied for last in the NFL in pass breakups and interceptions. That’s not going to cut it in a division as competitive as the NFC South, which features three potential future Hall of Fame quarterbacks and a ton of talent at wide receiver.

Breeland is not on the same level as Norman, but he’s much more adept at picking off passes than James Bradberry and the other Panthers cornerbacks currently on the roster. Of course Breeland won’t solve all of the team’s issues. However, he should help push the needle back towards having a respectable defensive backfield.

Next, Carolina should look to fill its hole at the safety position. Eric Reid of the 49ers is our favorite free agent target there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/panthe...-in-right-direction-for-panthers-defense/amp/

Last edited:
I agree the CB rotation is at least decent now, certainly the best one on paper since 2015, though that's not saying too much. They better draft a safety real early to go alongside Adams though. Don't want another washed up vet like Coleman.

From a Skins fan - the panthers are getting a good one. Breeland still has growing to do in and out of football but most think he will continue to get better, and he's been pretty dang good.

HUGE move! Run defense is still on point, we also improved the secondary. A great start to the off-season for the Panthers so far!

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom