Ohio State at Duke - Wednesday, Nov 28, 9:30pm ESPN

IC will be looking into the point shaving scandal soon to get Duke the death penalty following the probation we get put on because of the Lance Thomas lack of institutional control

What a great game. I'm still amped up over it. I know the kids have to make the plays and all that shit, but K won this game at half time. That second half team didn't look much like the first half team at all, and you have to give K credit for making the adjustments and for getting them mentally in the right place to win. What a fucking coach.

My post game thoughts:

1. Who of us would have thought Duke would win if Seth Curry played 28 minutes, was 1-6 from the floor, and scored 4 points? I honestly think this is the best development for the team this season. If Seth is affected by his injury/lays a stink bomb, we can still win against a top 5 team. Period. There is not one single person who would have thought that was possible prior to last night. I'm sure Thad Motta didn't think it was possible.

2. Quinn Cook was an inspirational defensive leader. As the first half came to a close, Cook basically changed the tenor of the game by flipping the script on Craft, Smith and Scott and harassing them mercilessly. Those three shot a combined 8-35 for the game, committed 4 turnovers to 6 assists. Cook's disruptive ball pressure kept OSU within shouting distance at the half, after a decidedly listless defensive effort by the rest of the team.

3. Sheed. The guy is coming into his own right before our eyes. In the second half, he torched OSU, and kept a very difficult defensive assignment (Thomas) in check. He has one of the quickest first steps to ever see the floor at CIS. This guy could have a major impact for Duke in Texas. I love the way this kid plays.

4. Jiggy. Two buckets that really, really mattered. The alley oop and the rebound put back are both plays that Jiggy would have fucked up last year, hell maybe even last week. Good on you, Jiggy, you are making game winning plays.

5. Tyler Thornton. Game's getting tight, OSU is penetrating at will as the seconds tick off the clock, and you sir, cause the TO that ices the game. Who cares if the ball really bounced off your knee? I don't.

6. Mason Fucking Plumlee. That is all.

Kelly's defensive improvement has been pretty impressive this year. I think you had it switched because he was on Thomas most of the game especially in the second half. If he can continue to get his shots falling like last night it can help buffer off nights from Seth, particularly with Sheed emerging

Man, I've already spent some ink defending Kelly, he's been great. I might have Thomas and another OSU player mixed up, Ravenel maybe? They are both bigger than Sheed, but I can clearly remember some possessions where Sheed was covering Thomas in the second half, maybe on switches, where Sheed was literally in his shirt.

bdotling said:
I couldn't sleep until about 2am, still amped as well

Same here. I was up until about 2:30am because I was so jacked up from the adrenaline!! Great freaking game! This team has heart and has the ability to dig deep. They want it! Now we need to rest some of our players like Curry and develop the bench a bit over the next few games leading into conference play.

@KrestDukeCBS: W/ Ryan Kelly in the game Deshaun Thomas was 3 - 11 9 pts, 2 rebs Kelly out: 3-3 7 pt 0 rb 3 fouls

bdotling said:

The coaches' reaction at the end of the game should have been included somewhere. Clearly, this game meant a helluva lot to them. I've never seen them quite like that before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thain said:
bdotling said:
I couldn't sleep until about 2am, still amped as well

Same here. I was up until about 2:30am because I was so jacked up from the adrenaline!! Great freaking game! This team has heart and has the ability to dig deep. They want it! Now we need to rest some of our players like Curry and develop the bench a bit over the next few games leading into conference play.
I needed some evening coffee to stay up that late, so I had trouble coming down from caffeine, but I was also up for some chest-bumping. Considered putting on a suit to walk around doing air bumps in my living room.

Pantone287 said:
plumdunk.gif

I think that is one of the best catches and finishes on a lob since Grant Hill.

That ball was nearly behind the backboard. As Quinn was passing it I was like "no, no, no...Fuck yes!"

Pretty much everyone in the stadium had that reaction, Lhys. Sooo good.

Craft seems to float in the air when he half-jumps.

I was milliseconds from putting my head in my hands when I saw that pass go up. So glad I kept looking.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil