Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

I have clumsily ran into a different door on 4 occasions today. I've got no idea how I could accomplish such a feat by accident. I'm going to wake up in the morning and have bruises everywhere. I wish I could say I was on some drugs or drunk but nope just that talented.

I devoured the S-Town podcast this week. Went into it expecting to be let down because surely it couldn't live up to the hype (and because I really didn't care for the second season of Serial) but dammit I was fascinated.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Damn, I was hoping to avoid S-Town. I'll check it out.

I just listened to the first one today and it was damn good. I will listen to the other six to and from work from Mon-Wed.

I hate windstream internet so much. Been paying approx. $71 a month for almost a year for 25 mbps. My buddy got 1 GB for the same price a couple months later. He ends up canceling it in January and then re-subscribes in March for $30 a month for 100 mbps. So half what I'm paying and 4x faster. He had it on speakerphone so I heard the whole thing.

So I call in today and ask to be on a similar plan given I'm paying double for 1/4 of the service. I get quoted $89 before tax so 3x minimum for 100 mbps and $109 before taxes for 1 GBPS. I was like "huh, are you serious?" They were. So I canceled service. Fuck that.

Been an interesting first week and a half at work. I've had an arrest most tours, and the last 3 days had to be the worst freaking days of my life. A DUI arrest is a damn nightmare with my department. The amount of paperwork, and running around makes me never wanna do that again. Did the processing which was a nightmare on its own then had to sit around 16 hours for an ADA to call me back, and department policy is you can't leave until this particular protocol is finished.

I'm sure uncy is above that racial stuff, he'll shoot anyone if it will keep him from having to do extra paperwork.

(uncy, pro tip: drop piece.)

Zero interest in shooting anyone unless absolutely needed in today's media world. Hell when I go to make an arrest, I have 15 people around recording with cameras. It sort of makes me wonder what the hell is so interesting about a guy getting arrested for a suspended license, assault etc but I've come to realize people are recording just to see if we fuck up.

Got a concussion on Wednesday but actually got diagnosed today. I didn't really think too much of it as I've had worse migraines until I realized just now that I put a wrong digit in my social security number on the forms I filled out today. I never forget that number and I've now had a couple memory related issues since Wednesday. This is going to be a pain in the ass.

Pantone287 said:
Goddamn it CK. How the hell did you get a concussion?

So at work there's a large tote full of office supplies that are on the top of the filling cabinet. I grabbed a box from the top drawer of the filing cabinet and put it on the bench that's about 1-2 ft off the ground. I closed the filing cabinet and while I was bending over looking into the box about 5-10 seconds later the whole tote fell and landed on the back of my head. The filing cabinet is about 6 ft tall and so I'd guess it only fell about 3 feet but there was probably 20-30 lbs worth of stuff in there. I started bleeding in the back of the head and got a headache about 45 minutes later.

I didn't go to the doctor until today because Wednesday I had an appointment with a prospective customer and another potential one later in the evening. If I got the sales, I'd achieve basically 35% of my quota for the month. I managed to close both of them and had Thursday off. I wasn't going to waste my day off in the doctor's office so I just slept most of the day. Today it was worse the longer I was around bright lights and finally got permission to go to the doctor from corporate. I dunno if I'll go into work tomorrow or not, head still hurts even though I've slept since I got home from the ER.

Yeah I've already got the workers comp process started. I just have to adjust my SSN on all the damn forms I signed today.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom