Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

Someone at the office brought a bunch of pairs of eclipse glasses. You cannot see through these things.
Same. They block 99.9% of light. Look directly at the sun and it's just an orange ball in a sea of blackness.

That was pretty disappointing and we were at like a 96% coverage. Not nearly as dark as I expected.

Yes this was a non-event to me. I'm going to tell my kids when they grow up that it was the most spectacular thing I ever saw.

I had a different experience than others, it was crazy here in Lincoln. Got dark enough that all the street lights turned on. Very cool.

Wasn't that great even at 94%. Oh well the place I was going to travel originally ended up with cloud cover, so whatever.

Chicago was really overcast all day. Kind of ruined it. That said, it definitely got noticeably darker for about an hour.

At work they were playing the CNN live stream on a giant screen, so I just watched that.

The view from Duke campus today.

eclipse-1.jpg

Sun out until 20 minutes beforehand then all the clouds rolled in. Just as totality occurred, there was a break to thin clouds, so we could see the corona. It was really kinda weird. Tons of people on the beach jumping and screaming (very strange). Got nighttime dark overhead and we could see stars. Looking both north and south down the beach, you could see areas that looked like sunset/dusk. Since we were almost directly in the center of totality, I presume those areas were about 30 miles away.

The president looked at it without glasses and apparently aides had to yell at him to put them on. I wish he stared at it long enough to melt his brain.

Someone on twitter mentioned that the best part of Trump blinding himself by looking at the sun would be his denial of being blind.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom