Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Sean Stewart

I told them I wanted to spend my four years in college at Duke. I told them I wanted to work as hard as I can to be ready when I get there, and I know that they were the staff and that was the place to take my game to the next level.

I already like this mindset.

According to people who have talked to him and his family, we're gonna love this guy.

On another note, I've noticed that more commits are claiming they're staying multiple years. It may have no bearing in reality, but it's an interesting shift in language.

According to people who have talked to him and his family, we're gonna love this guy.

On another note, I've noticed that more commits are claiming they're staying multiple years. It may have no bearing in reality, but it's an interesting shift in language.
Trying to get that Bojangles $$$
I watched Joey Baker's new Bojangles ad. And then I went to Bojangles immediately after. I took his advice to "tell them Joey sent you." I was hoping the cashier would be like "oh, you mean that shooter who thinks he's a slasher? It's on the house." No such luck.

Honestly can’t keep up with all the commits we’ve gotten the past couple years. Pretty much since Zion I’ve been overwhelmed.

He reminds me of Brice Johnson in the one highlight video I watched, with more driving mixed in. Looks like a great athlete.

Theo John has been better this year than Coleman at A&M in very similar roles. Henry Coleman is 0-1 from behind the 3pt line on the entire season. If he ever develops a decent 3pt shot I'll be upset he transferred and we missed out on such a valuable player. Otherwise I don't really care that he left.

Theo John has been better this year than Coleman at A&M in very similar roles. Henry Coleman is 0-1 from behind the 3pt line on the entire season. If he ever develops a decent 3pt shot I'll be upset he transferred and we missed out on such a valuable player. Otherwise I don't really care that he left.
The stats don't bear this out. Coleman has a higher PER, higher rebound rates, more counting stats in every category and has a much bigger role at A&M.
I doubt Coleman would have these same numbers at Duke, but if he and John had the exact same numbers, it's still a loss for Duke. John is a one year rental, who will be gone next year. Coleman would have been a contributing piece for 2 more years.

The stats don't bear this out. Coleman has a higher PER, higher rebound rates, more counting stats in every category and has a much bigger role at A&M.
I doubt Coleman would have these same numbers at Duke, but if he and John had the exact same numbers, it's still a loss for Duke. John is a one year rental, who will be gone next year. Coleman would have been a contributing piece for 2 more years.

John has a much higher oRTG and a slightler worse dRTG.

Realistically when was Coleman ever going to have a prominent role here? He's a 6'9 center that doesn't even attempt threes. Next year we have two top 10 big guys coming in, and Lively is a freak that is starting day one. Him transferring out was the best decision for him and Duke. That's why I made the point earlier about 3pt shooting. Unless he starts taking and making a decent amount of 3's, his transfer out will be a complete non-factor in the long-run, and already is in the short-term.

Last edited:

John has a much higher oRTG and a slightler worse dRTG.

Realistically when was Coleman ever going to have a prominent role here? He's a 6'9 center that doesn't even attempt threes. Next year we have two top 10 big guys coming in, and Lively is a freak that is starting day one. Him transferring out was the best decision for him and Duke. That's why I made the point earlier about 3pt shooting. Unless he starts taking and making a decent amount of 3's, his transfer out will be a complete non-factor in the long-run, and already is in the short-term.
John is a 610 center who doesn't even attempt 3's. You're basically arguing against John.

Look, I don't mind John as a player, but if the staff didn't need Coleman, then they didn't need John. It's clear, however that they wanted someone to back up Banchero and Williams, and they already had that player who would've stayed for 4 years and provided valuable leadership and continuity through a carousel of player turnover and a head coaching change.

Yes, because Duke signed John it was in Coleman's best interest to leave, but to think Coleman wouldn't offer value over a new scholarship player or someone out of the transfer portal is a strange hill to die on.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom