Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Sean Stewart

I think they've recently started dosing him with Compound V, he's a completely different player from just a couple of weeks ago.

Zero TOs in 26 minutes is something I didn't think he would ever be capable of. And even though he picked up 4 fouls, I don't recall any of them being his usual dumb, facepalm moments, especially considering he was going 1v1 against the 30-year-old, 350-pound Burns.
Just a fantastic game from him, I'm not sure we'd have won this one without him.

His rebounding rates actually went down after last night, since they were astronomical going in. His advanced stats are so ridiculous - he has the profile of an obvious future NPOY, or the ACC POY this season if he were to get the requisite minutes per game.

On the team, he’s 1st in DRtg, 2nd in ORtg (behind Roach), 1st in WS/40, 1st in OReb, 1st in DReb, 1st in Block%, 1st in Steal%. He’s a bit of a unicorn; just wish he could shoot at all. Could see him being a Wembanyama-level defender relative to college competition, and a GOAT-level rebounder. Work on FTs and muscle up to Ben Wallace levels if the 3pt range is impossible.

Last edited:
He blew my mind in the 2nd half when he caught the ball on the roll moving toward a planted defender but jumped a little sideways on his shot to avoid the charge and banked it in.

I just knew he was going to barrel right into that defender for a charge. Not sure any of the other bigs on the team could’ve done that.

I think they've recently started dosing him with Compound V, he's a completely different player from just a couple of weeks ago.

Zero TOs in 26 minutes is something I didn't think he would ever be capable of. And even though he picked up 4 fouls, I don't recall any of them being his usual dumb, facepalm moments, especially considering he was going 1v1 against the 30-year-old, 350-pound Burns.
Just a fantastic game from him, I'm not sure we'd have won this one without him.

Playing a bit calmer. Maybe a nibble of Delta-8 before game time.

He blew my mind in the 2nd half when he caught the ball on the roll moving toward a planted defender but jumped a little sideways on his shot to avoid the charge and banked it in.

I just knew he was going to barrel right into that defender for a charge. Not sure any of the other bigs on the team could’ve done that.
Flip would have bounced the ball off his own foot before he made contact.

I love what an absolute psycho he is. He's like a black Mark Madsen who can also jump 5 feet in the air. I feel bad when he gets so frustrated with himself that he appears on the verge of mental breakdown, but I love how much he cares about doing well.

Also thought it was kind of adorable how, after a big dagger bucket late in the game, he was so excited that he just ran back with his arms straight in the air like a 4 year-old.

Also, I feel like having him be the guy to battle Burns for so long was a sneakily brilliant move by Jon. He wasn't amazingly successful, but getting to focus his manic energy and physicality on that battle to the death felt like exactly what he needed to get out of his own head, and get everyone to rally around him. He's a warrior.

His rebounding rates actually went down after last night, since they were astronomical going in. His advanced stats are so ridiculous - he has the profile of an obvious future NPOY, or the ACC POY this season if he were to get the requisite minutes per game.

On the team, he’s 1st in DRtg, 2nd in ORtg (behind Roach), 1st in WS/40, 1st in OReb, 1st in DReb, 1st in Block%, 1st in Steal%. He’s a bit of a unicorn; just wish he could shoot at all. Could see him being a Wembanyama-level defender relative to college competition, and a GOAT-level rebounder. Work on FTs and muscle up to Ben Wallace levels if the 3pt range is impossible.

I really feel like I predicted this exact post, down to the poster, content, and timing, but this was as close as I could find.

I predict Stewart becomes an advanced stats god whenever he becomes potty trained and gets major minutes. He seems to impact so many things in positive ways.

Also, I feel like having him be the guy to battle Burns for so long was a sneakily brilliant move by Jon. He wasn't amazingly successful, but getting to focus his manic energy and physicality on that battle to the death felt like exactly what he needed to get out of his own head, and get everyone to rally around him. He's a warrior.

Last night gave me the impression that he could steal some minutes Saturday defending Bacot. He’ll get his ass whooped in there a couple possessions, but let him make Bacot work, use his energy and effort in there a bit, buy Flip and Young some extra time elsewhere (bench and/or off ball), and make Bacot defend Sean against those side PnR’s we used last night.

According to Geisinger, Duke rebounded 45% of it's missed shots when Sean Stewart is on the floor.

Last edited:

I know this is not breaking news; I just feel his thread should be properly bookended. It’s an important moment. Anyone skeptical of new realities as of yesterday should no longer be skeptical, and move forward. Whatever era of Duke basketball we were in before, it’s over.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom