Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Sean Stewart

Sean Stewart was outstanding at USA Basketball MiniCamp in New Orleans and he has followed it up with some standout play here in Orlando.

The 6-foot-7 forward is explosive and lightning quick off his feet. He answered the challenge of defending Eric Dailey, a four-star 2022 prospect who reclassified on Friday and did so impressively.

He had multiple impressive blocks at the rim, he showed his underrated passing ability and he made shots both inside and beyond the arc.

Stewart is on the rise and the way he impacts the game as a rebounder and defender along with his ability to amplify others on the offensive end and play within himself with the ability to make a jumper is going to be impactful in his time at Durham

Sounds like a Draymond center. Scheyer identifies another fast-rising elite prospect who has one or both of these attributes: shooting and/or versatile defense. Seems like a completely different recruiting philosophy from the past few years of offering the best NBA prospects regardless of fit and skill set.

Ya I’ve been getting a Nova vibe from his recruiting style as well. Good shooting, versatile defenders. As long as we can have a stud PG to supply these shooters we should be set.

Hopefully, no one who I can't see posted this already. It's pretty impressive.
I don't know who the big kid is on the other team, but he's good.

Last edited:
On the one hand, Scheyer is going to build #1 classes forever because he seems to be the greatest recruiting savant in history at identifying not-quite-elite prospects right before they blow up.

On the other hand, Duke is still going to be an OAD factory that needs lightning in a bottle in the form of a bunch of freshmen all coming together at the same time to win a title.

ESPN has as a 5 star listed at 6-8 230 other sites list him at 6-8 210. I’ve even seen 6-9 225. He’s seems more like a face up 4 than a post player.

ESPN has as a 5 star listed at 6-8 230 other sites list him at 6-8 210. I’ve even seen 6-9 225. He’s seems more like a face up 4 than a post player.
I'm guessing you feel that's an argument for not playing him at center. But that's exactly why I want to play him at center.

If Flip and Mitchell return, I do like the rotation for 2023-2024, but Duke still needs a guy that can manage the 5 when it's not Flip. Mac is a combo forward, as is Mark M.... Sean appears to be one as well.

Stewart plays in the middle for his HS team. He's a 4/5, but in no way a small forward at all. Mgbako is actually a combo forward.

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic that Stewart is at Duke. I think he will be very good. I just feel that Duke needs another 5. That is why they are looking at bigs and have reached out to bigs in the 2023. class

All depends on personal preference. I'm like Rome in that I'd prefer to get away from traditional centers. I prefer shooting, speed and handles over pure size and limited mobility. This would also include having an emphasis on team defensive rebounding and then getting the rebound and running. Make the opposing bigs unplayable because you're killing them with space, speed and skill.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom