Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

I'm not sure this stuff needs to be under spoiler tags since its speculation

So I cheated and read the leaked summaries and shit for the upcoming GoT episode. Yeah, you definitely don't want to miss this one.

Don't kill me for this, but I've never seen a minute of GoT. Safe for us to start watching from season 1 with an attentive 3 year old in the house? Wife and I need something to watch every few weeknights. Hate being caught up on everything.

Don't kill me for this, but I've never seen a minute of GoT. Safe for us to start watching from season 1 with an attentive 3 year old in the house? Wife and I need something to watch every few weeknights. Hate being caught up on everything.
I don't know kids well enough to say what an attentive 3 year old should or should not be exposed to (nor would I tell you what your kid should or should not see), but I'd probably watch that after the kid goes to sleep if I were you.

Was it our fake mod who had the story of his wife watching and learning about the incestuous relationship between the twin brother and sister in the first episode, vowing not to watch again and then picking up in season 4 when the twin brother was raping the twin sister next to their dead child?

I'd wait until the kid's at least 6 or 7. Before that, rapes and beheadings are just too abstract for them, imo

Was it our fake mod who had the story of his wife watching and learning about the incestuous relationship between the twin brother and sister in the first episode, vowing not to watch again and then picking up in season 4 when the twin brother was raping the twin sister next to their dead child?

Well I'll be damned.

I would say as a fellow parent of a 3-year old, that it would be best to wait until after the little goes to bed to watch.

I would say as a fellow parent of a 3-year old, that it would be best to wait until after the little goes to bed to watch.

10/4

We can only watch the Trolls movie so many times, so thats why I'm asking. I'll stick to Seinfeld re-runs.

There are many nights the TV is never turned on after I get home from work, so no biggie.

Got my answer lol
Check out The Wire if you're looking for something more family friendly.

I'll check that out
That post was made in jest haha. The Wire is a great show, but again you'd be better off waiting until later to watch... Unless of course, you're interested in having your kid well versed in Baltimore's drug and gang problems! Also, I totally get only being able to watch so many cartoon movies so many times, the wife and I are in the same boat. We basically have to wait until our little is off to bed before we can watch anything that we want.

DF81 to the rescue. Yeah, it was a joke. I'm glad someone caught you before you jumped in.

The Wire is also a great series (and generally revered by the posters here), but sadly is not the type of show that would suit your specific needs.

As a heads up, there are a number of us who tend to post less than serious comments here.

Ozark keeps improving. I'm five episodes in. The Langmore family is the most interesting part to me, especially Ruth. That actress is just fantastic.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom