Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

Ozark keeps improving. I'm five episodes in. The Langmore family is the most interesting part to me, especially Ruth. That actress is just fantastic.
She's much better than her character in the Americans. I also guess that is her real hair. I had thought it was some 80s perm for The Americans.

Loved the first episode, wasn't overwhelmed by the next couple, but really got into it again in episode 4. Now through 6 and hope to finish by the weekend.

Yeah, episodes 4 and 5 were my favorites so far. I like that they've allowed pretty much every character to be complex and sympathetic, even the ones you didn't expect at first. I guess that's the definition of good writing, but it's surprising how many prestige dramas still don't do that.

The threat by the Snells to Marty about the preacher's baby was legit horrifying

Unrelated, I also like guessing what the symbols in the "O" are foreshadowing.

Every character native to this lake area make me think of physics.

Last edited:
Yeah, I loved the season as it progressed. That 2nd and 3rd episode were definite lulls, but after 4 it's good. Love Ruth's character.

Re: your spoiler... yeah... exactly.

Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later getting rave reviews so far. Out in two days.

I finished the Leftovers recently and loved it. I thought seasons 2 and 3 were some of the best seasons of television I've ever seen.

I feel like I'm just parroting this boards opinion of The Leftovers, but it is an incredible show. I recommend it to everyone I know and it's a shame it doesn't get more recognition.

S3:E6 (the Lauri episode) is my favorite television episode of all time. It's amazing, everyone involved, cast and crew, produced a brilliant episode of television.

Ripping through Thirteen Reasons Why now. This is fine. Hits on every YA note except vampires and spells, without being too cringy for olds. Like a Freaks and Geeks that is not funny at all and where people kill themselves.

I really need to commit to The Leftovers. I wasn't into the first two episodes, but people tell me it gets way better.

I really need to commit to The Leftovers. I wasn't into the first two episodes, but people tell me it gets way better.
Yeah same here. But now I keep hearing about how great it is. Probably going to give it a go soon

I think the first half of Season 1 is average, but that it begins to pick up in the second half of Season 1. IMO it just takes off in Season 2 and carries it through to the finish.

Yeah same here. But now I keep hearing about how great it is. Probably going to give it a go soon
Yeah I'm with you guys, although I've gone farther. I finally finished season 2 and enjoyed that finale, but I fell off so hard during that season that I'm not fully clear on what is going on anymore.

"The Leftovers" is probably my 3rd or 4th favorite show ever. Only "The Wire" and "Breaking Bad" are for sure ahead with "The Leftovers" and "Party Down" right there at 3. Just loved everything about it, especially seasons 2 and 3. Season 3 is just incredible. Also it has the best music of any show I've ever watched.

The weird thing for me about The Leftovers in Season 2 and 3 is that half the time I felt like I had no idea what was happening but I really just enjoyed it anyway. Weird but very great.

Fucking toenails. Fucking fuck.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom