Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

so much to unpack in that article, really good stuff. also amazing how self-confident he is

his commentary on the Lady Gaga/Grammy's was pretty spot on and hilariously sad

That was incredibly casual for being the first tie-breaker ever.

They used to just advance both people to the next game in a tie. I wonder when they changed that rule.

Walking home from work tonight and was almost certain that Douglas Stamper walked right past me near the convention center. A little bit of twitter stalking and yep, it was him with his unremarkable SXSW badge. Turns out his real name is Michael Kelly.

Speaking of Jeopardy, my mom sent this to me a week ago from a rerun she was watching. First clue of the show, that's what's up!

IoRkKa2.jpg

New season of Jessica Jones was not as good as the first, imo. What it really lacked was a villain, and that became pretty apparent about two thirds of the way through. I liked that it was a little more morally shaded that your typical superhero show, but in the end it was a little muddled and unfocused. Still good overall though, and it set up the next season nicely.

My favorite Netflix Marvel show is still far and away The Punisher.

It bothers me that they use the word "cloak" and the answer is "cloak"

Congrats for being famous beef.

I wasn’t talking about the actual answer on the show. If the contestant said cloaking, they would have come back from commercial break and given him the points.

Anyway, more important breaking news on the death thread.

Knowing how depressed we'll feel and how empty our lives will be as soon as Duke flames out in the tournament, the networks are coming to our rescue in April.

April 3 - Legion returns
April 7 - Paterno premieres on HBO
April 8 - Howard's End premieres on Starz
April 11 - The Expanse returns
April 13 - Bosch returns on Amazon
" " - Lost in Space premieres on Netflix
April 22 - WESTWORLD RETURNS ON HBO!!
April 25 - The Handmaid's Tale back on Hulu

Hopefully all of that will distract us from our pain and misery.

Thanks for posting. I hadn’t heard of that Paterno movie, but I’ll definitely be watching it. I would like to re-watch Westworld before the new season, but I know I won’t get around to it. Is The Expanse good? I wanted to try it out but just don’t have the time to watch as many shows these days. I still need to finish the last 1.5 seasons of The Leftovers if I can find a good stream again since my Kodi crapped out. And I still have the newest seasons of Narcos and Black Mirror to watch.

We’ve been binging Schitt’s Creek in the evenings lately because the episodes are short, and it’s light-hearted enough for the wife. It’s actually quite enjoyable.

I enjoyed The Expanse. It's split into two primary storylines -- one featuring a space crew, and one a kind of noir-ish detective (played by Thomas Jane). In my opinion, the space crew storyline isn't that compelling (due to the writing and acting) but the other storyline is great. The entire show is way more scientifically accurate than other sci-fi shows, but it isn't geeky about it. It still puts characters first. I also enjoy the ambassador character, who is kind of Machiavellian but not evil.

That's the first season anyway. I hear the second is better, but I've only watched a few episodes so far.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom