Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

So didn’t the entire storyline leak already? I swear I read the spoilers. I should be able to make a killing on this.

I'll just say that in every interaction I ever had with the guy he seemed totally unhinged. At one point, I was at their house and we thought a dog was barking. It was actually him screaming at us to get out. He was screaming so loud we could hear it from the opposite side of a 12,000-square-foot house, but so incoherently it didn't sound human. This was at 12:20 on New Years, after a party he had agreed to let his daughter have. Multiple other occasions I saw him do similar things.

My other friend's father had fought with him in Vietnam. Apparently, Peterson was a compulsive liar. The stories he told about Vietnam were utter bullshit. He was also publicly caught lying about his war record on his mayoral campaign. Additionally, he had a whole closeted bisexual life (I only mention this to show how much duplicity was a part of his existence). Additionally additionally, he kept journal entries where he talked about being a "monster" or "evil."

I get that all this is circumstantial. But when you combine it with the fact the mother of his adopted daughters also fell down the stairs in a similar way, it's just too much for me to get past.

i grew up in the peterson's neighborhood and one time our dog wandered away and into their yard. he called claiming our dog was drowning in their pool and that he had had to to jump in and save her. I'm starting to think he totally fabricated this for personal prestige.

also, during the 2002 ice storm (which was after the murder but before the trial had finished) my uncle ran into him walking around the neighborhood and it was discussed that pollard (the owl theory guy and another neighbor) had just gotten his power restored, to which peterson lamented "i swear, if pollard gets his power back before me i'm gonna kill him"

needless to say this was a startling remark to make.

This was also the '90s, I'm guessing. Phone books were still a thing and people were still listed.

I don't think I got my first cell phone of any kind until 2003.
02 for me.

We have a Neighborhood Association and monthly meetings, etc. I politely wave at my neighbors and speak if I have to but that's about it.

I'll just say that in every interaction I ever had with the guy he seemed totally unhinged. At one point, I was at their house and we thought a dog was barking. It was actually him screaming at us to get out. He was screaming so loud we could hear it from the opposite side of a 12,000-square-foot house, but so incoherently it didn't sound human. This was at 12:20 on New Years, after a party he had agreed to let his daughter have. Multiple other occasions I saw him do similar things.

My other friend's father had fought with him in Vietnam. Apparently, Peterson was a compulsive liar. The stories he told about Vietnam were utter bullshit. He was also publicly caught lying about his war record on his mayoral campaign. Additionally, he had a whole closeted bisexual life (I only mention this to show how much duplicity was a part of his existence). Additionally additionally, he kept journal entries where he talked about being a "monster" or "evil."

I get that all this is circumstantial. But when you combine it with the fact the mother of his adopted daughters also fell down the stairs in a similar way, it's just too much for me to get past.

I just finished The Staircase. I have to say, the whole family seemed "off" to me. I get that they were on camera and going through some trauma, but everything they did and said seemed like a performance. I mean at one point, after the news came out about Deaver, Peterson's oldest daughter was talking to him in prison and she described Deaver as "boring and gross." What a strange thing to say about a man who manufactured evidence that lead to your father spending eight years in prison. I just didn't see the deep and loving relationship that they were constantly talking about.

Also in the last episode of the series, the AP reporter interviewing Peterson asked if Kathleen approved of his bisexuality, and he said yes, and then a minute later he said they had never even talked about it. In his final interview for the filmmakers he goes even further, saying she would have "made it right" if she'd known. What does that even mean?

All that said, the trial did seem like an absolute farce.

When I was a freshman at Duke, some student called in a bomb threat to the Allen Building and actually planted a pipe bomb there. He did this so he could steal laminating equipment to make fake IDs. Every time I walk past that building with someone new, I tell them that story. Yesterday, I learned that that was Michael Peterson’s son.

He got kicked out of school and eventually went to State, where he was valedictorian.

When I was a freshman at Duke, some student called in a bomb threat to the Allen Building and actually planted a pipe bomb there. He did this so he could steal laminating equipment to make fake IDs. Every time I walk past that building with someone new, I tell them that story. Yesterday, I learned that that was Michael Peterson’s son.

He got kicked out of school and eventually went to State, where he was valedictorian.

I saw this today in a Herald-Sun article while binging shit about the case after finishing the series. Apparently the other son, Todd, ran a website aimed at teaching young ladies critical tips about applying make-up, kissing, and sex.

Oh, and he had an alter ego, a bodybuilder named Roman Croft.

Seems like a super well-adjusted dude.

https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local/crime/article213494999.html

Trying to watch this second season of Luke Cage but, damn, this dialog is for shit. I could write dialog this bad.

That sucks. Loved the first season for the social commentary and the awesome soundtrack. The Punisher is #1 for me though.

Chat users

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom