Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Podcast Thread

I'll be honest, I'm probably never going to listen to one of those. The only reason is because I don't want to know what anyone's voice sounds like on this board. Then I'd read your posts in your voice. It would be terrible. As of now, the voice I read everyone's posts in here is like that white fake-woke guy on Abbott Elementary.

Everyone sounds like James Earl Jones when I read their posts.

So i've entered that mid 30s phase of life that every white, middle class male goes through involving a deep dive into western European history going back to Roman antiquity until now, and i'm wondering if anyone here has tackled the ongoing The British History podcast?

Upon first glance the pacing is insane: It's been published starting in spring 2011, an average 30-60min episode every ten days or so in that span, starting with Caeser's visit to Britain, and have only NOW, like literally the last four weeks or so, gotten to the Battle of Hastings and the crowning of William of Normandy. The last decade has just been Roman Britain and the Anglo-Saxon period.

What is the endgame here, especially now that written record and scholarship will continue to increase exponentially over this period? If it took a decade just to cover a period of mostly dark ages, what is the plan for the thousand years following? Just put out episodes for the next 25+ years? I don't want to invest into this just for the producer to die after the Edward Longshanks episode in 2035 or w/e

This is probably the best series of basketball podcasts I've listened to. It gets into a very philosophical realm of the notion of certainty and how we accept certain things as givens without really questioning them.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom