Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Podcast Thread

The thing about Rogan is he's just as likely to have someone from the far left on the podcast. He's had Sanders on, and endorsed him during the primary. But man, he's a weirdo intellectually. I get that he prides himself on his "open mindedness" but that doesn't have to include believing in total nonsense.

However, the left's vilification of him is counterproductive. There is a certain, not-insignificant subset of America that might be willing to vote for a Biden, but is so sick of being told they're Nazis for listening to Rogan (or similar choices) that they end up spite-voting for Trump.
At the end of the day, most white men are not harmed by their electoral choices.

Yeah, so if a white guy feels like he's being lectured by pompous liberals he might spite-vote. Because, as you pointed out, since there's no negative consequence for him, he can afford to be petty.

Torontoduke bumping the comedy thread reminded me how much I've been loving this podcast. Backstory here: this is Scott Aukerman and Adam Scott. They've done three podcasts together. The first was U Talkin' U2 To Me? And the other two have been punning off that name. I've enjoyed the Talking Heads one the best because I like them a lot better than U2 or REM. But the music is almost beside the point. They often take an hour to start talking about the album. It's just them riffing absurdly. They have amazing chemistry.

@torontoduke as you may have guessed, that's a random episode from the middle of the season. You should start with the episode called "77" (episode #64). Context: they had planned to do a podcast about Red Hot Chili Peppers. But partway into their 2nd RHCP episode they realize they'd rather talk about Talking Heads. It may make more sense if you listen to the episode just before that, but it's not necessary if you're okay with the first 10 minutes being about RHCP.

If you have time, check out 'death on the wing' podcast. Some difficult subjects, connecting 80s era NBA to politics of the time (and politics of the present, to a large degree).

I mentioned it to some of you, but I'm officially the producer/editor of the rebooted Devil's Den podcast. Here's our first full-length episode. I won't spam the board with episodes that often. Just wanted to make people aware of its existence. There's also a teaser episode we uploaded earlier today, if for some reason you want to hear us ramble about loving Duke as kids.

Now that I have a car that can play podcasts through the speakers, I am hooked on "Mysterious Universe". Only thing I listen to when I'm in the car.

I literally have one of those tapes with an aux jack. Plug one end into my phone and put the tape in the tape player and listen to podcasts as I drive that way. I probably consume 30 hours of podcast a week when I'm working. And 10+ even when I'm not.

I listen to podcasts with every mundane activity now. I wonder if people's houses are cleaner since the invention of podcasts? I actually enjoy washing dishes or sweeping the floor if I have a podcast to listen to.

As promised, I've been trying not to spam the board with podcasts. But here's one I'm pretty excited about. Interview with Ben Golliver of The Washington Post and The Greatest of All Talk podcast. We talked about his experience in Cameron for Shoegate, Tatum, Irving, Tyus Jones, and his book about being inside the NBA bubble for the 2020 Finals. Been a fan for at least five years, dating back to his Sports Illustrated days.

I was a nervous wreck. Fortunately, I don't talk much during the episode.

I'll be honest, I'm probably never going to listen to one of those. The only reason is because I don't want to know what anyone's voice sounds like on this board. Then I'd read your posts in your voice. It would be terrible. As of now, the voice I read everyone's posts in here is like that white fake-woke guy on Abbott Elementary.

Reactions: aiw
I'll be honest, I'm probably never going to listen to one of those. The only reason is because I don't want to know what anyone's voice sounds like on this board. Then I'd read your posts in your voice. It would be terrible. As of now, the voice I read everyone's posts in here is like that white fake-woke guy on Abbott Elementary.
That's cool. Just download and delete later. Literally all I care about is the download numbers. Maybe give it a five-star rating with some inside jokes.

Is there a service to download it from that is most beneficial to you? I use PocketCasts normally but if Spotify is somehow better for your engagement I'll download from there.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom