Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Travel

No Opry, but did meet a fiddler chick I want to bang

I'm spinning in bed and , unfortunately, that's not because a dick and vagina are involved, though I think they will be in the next few minutes

Rollins said:
anyone here ever backpacked southeast asia?

I have, but it was in '91. I went back in 2001 and 2013, but on a much different budget.

rhfarmer said:
Rollins said:
anyone here ever backpacked southeast asia?

I have, but it was in '91. I went back in 2001 and 2013, but on a much different budget.

leaving in mid april for 4-5 weeks.

thinking I'll probably only hit Thailand, but am open to suggestions if anyone has any strong convictions.

I'm shooting for the $15-20 a day range

If you get to southern Thailand, cross over into Malaysia and hit Penang. Great food and cultural center. Good bit of colonial history as well.

Check out the Full Moon party in Koi Phangan (sp). Every full moon, crazy all night beach party. There's also a smoothie shack up on a hill at the end of the beach. Don't ay in the water since everybody pees in it. Beware of ladyboys. Don't die

dkst0426 said:
If you get to southern Thailand, cross over into Malaysia and hit Penang. Great food and cultural center. Good bit of colonial history as well.

Go to Cambodia before you go to Penang, no offense, dkst. Penang is a clean, modern city and Malaysia is dope, but you should go to Angkor Wat before it dies. You have to figure, it's only been open to the public, effectively, for 20 years. (Think about what 20 years of tourism is going to do to Cuba)

I actually got into Malaysia without going through customs when I went. Could've disappeared there forever.

Thailand is a lot of fun, and if you are open to the people, you can have amazing experiences. The temples are incredible, and the people, despite being over run with western tourism for forever, still smile and laugh and share with you. And the chicks are crazy hot.

Do you play a musical instrument?

rhfarmer said:
dkst0426 said:

Go to Cambodia before you go to Penang, no offense, dkst. Penang is a clean, modern city and Malaysia is dope, but you should go to Angkor Wat before it dies. You have to figure, it's only been open to the public, effectively, for 20 years. (Think about what 20 years of tourism is going to do to Cuba)

I actually got into Malaysia without going through customs when I went. Could've disappeared there forever.
No offense taken. Angkor Wat is pretty damned amazing.

Which was your point of entry into Malaysia? Thai border? The Singapore-Malaysia Causeway used to be a pretty simple crossing, except for the inevitable times when one PM pissed off the other.

In Pinehurst for a conference. Seems like a nice place. Will be interested to see during the day. Didn't realize it was so close to Durham.

I grew up right down the road from Pinehurst. If you get a chance go ride around the village and check out the Pinehurst Hotel. I always liked that area.

I am going to start squirreling away money for a trip to Durham next year. I'll go see a game and then Farmer will take my wife and I surfing.

Take away "and I surfing" and you've got an accurate description of the trip.

Hope Coach Capel and the boys put on a show!

Damn Pants - you American guys are ruthless with snowbirds.

I thought we would see Fat Sean Miller leading the troops. Good to see that they will be hiring within the family, just like UNC.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom