Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Travel

We'd love to take you and your wife surfing, Toronto. FWIW, I have surfed in Canada before.

Went to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty and walked both ways over the Brooklyn Bridge today. Ended up walking 12.99 miles on the day with an 8 and 6 year old.

I was in San Francisco for the last four days. Amazing. But let me tell you, walking some of those hills was no joke.

aiw said:
Went to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty and walked both ways over the Brooklyn Bridge today. Ended up walking 12.99 miles on the day with an 8 and 6 year old.
Love that walk and tour.

My wife, daughter & I went to NYC this weekend (also becoming known as 'Zinger Country'). We stayed in the Seaport area, which seems to have been overrun by a bunch of malls. Still an alright place to be, IMO.

AIW - your 6 year old has one-upped my 6 year old, as I had to carry her for a good portion of the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. I need to be a tougher father.

First time in India and will be here through the 18th. Riding to the hotel there's a bull that larger than our car bounding backwards toward us. Also had to stop for some monkeys that walked out into the street. Both incidences within three blocks of parliament and the president's house. Interesting place.

rome8180 said:
I was in San Francisco for the last four days. Amazing. But let me tell you, walking some of those hills was no joke.
yeah the hills are brutal here. No fun to park on them either

bfactor said:
First time in India and will be here through the 18th. Riding to the hotel there's a bull that larger than our car bounding backwards toward us. Also had to stop for some monkeys that walked out into the street. Both incidences within three blocks of parliament and the president's house. Interesting place.

Let me know which place has the best eyeball soup. Thinking of heading over sometime. I will poop before I go though.

bdotling said:
rome8180 said:
yeah the hills are brutal here. No fun to park on them either

Wife and I were just there a couple of weeks ago and damn, if I don't love that city. If the rent weren't so damn high, I'd move there in a heartbeat. I'll just wait out the tech bubble there and probably retire there in 30 years.

traveling through colombia for 5 weeks starting wednesday.

anyone else been?

I have a friend who lives in Cartagena if you need a contact. He's a lot of fun.

Mugshot-of-Pablo-Escobar-from-1976-Medellin-Police-800x430.jpg

bfactor said:

India is easily the strangest place in the world. If you have a chance, get to Varanasi. It is like the land that time forgot, you can feel the decay of millennia all around you.

I assume you read up and have a decent stock of immodium with you.

Huge amounts of immodium, some Cipro, lots of Pepto and Tums, the full CDC vacc. recommendations, mosquito repellent with deet, and brushing with bottled water. The rest is up to Thornton I.

Less exotic, but I'm going to Vegas for the first time tomorrow. Have one night solo before 3 nights of trade shows for work. Staying at the Wynn. Any recommendations?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom