Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Travel

These streets in SF are fucking crazy. I can't figure how the built the buildings straight.

Alcatraz tour was very interesting and creepy.

aiw said:
These streets in SF are fucking crazy. I can't figure how the built the buildings straight.

Alcatraz tour was very interesting and creepy.

My friend made me walk to the top of Russian Hill very hungover. It may be the highest place in San Francisco. Even if you don't know it, you've seen it in a dozen movies. Anyway, I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

I vaguely recall driving around SF drunk one week. Miraculously, I don't believe I killed anyone.

This is why Uber is a good thing. And also why I rarely drink any more.

All these vintners out here are such nice people.

Anyway, going to bed at 9 and waking up at 9 is fantastic.

Russian River and maybe Lagunitas tomorrow and then the red eye home to the fucking kids.

deepdarkblue said:
I vaguely recall driving around SF drunk one week. Miraculously, I don't believe I killed anyone.

This is why Uber is a good thing. And also why I rarely drink any more.

I drove around there in a stick shift car once. It was an adventure.

Visited beautiful North Eleuthera for a great friend's 40th birthday. We had people from Toronto, NYC, Denver & Paris so we rented a couple of houses. Did everything I wanted to except I missed out on the deep sea fishing (they caught approx. 150 lbs of wahoo).

I did manage to see about 2/3 of the Duke-Maine game at a bar; Luke was filthy.

I love Nova Scotia, just not enough to drive 30 hours for a few coldies.

I'm in Puerto Rico. This is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I always thought of Puerto Rico as a less interesting island for whatever reason than the rest of the Caribbean.

Go to Maria's in Rincon and ask for Dillon Pratt. He works for my surf school in the summer and he teaches surf lessons down there in the winter. Get a surf lesson from him!

ETA Maria's is a pretty spot on the water with a fun restaurant right by the surf break, even if you don't want to do anything active.

Anyone been to Playa Del Carmen? Taking the fam for spring break. Other than the fact Zetas murdered five people at a nightclub recently, seems like a cool place. Any restaurant, activity, surfing (farmer) advice would be helpful. Oh, and a safer place than a nightclub to buy drugs.

I have. But too long ago to give advice. It's very touristy, which means it's very safe -- but of course you also do get the predatory element that accompanies that.

I've been to Playa Del Carmen in Costa Rica...it's a bitch to get to, but it's the prettiest beach, lots of surf, chicks everywhere.

farmer & others...

what obscure parts of mexico have you enjoyed. trying to do 5 or 6 weeks in central america but will probably only end up in one country. pacific side of mexico seems nice.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom