Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC at Duke - Gameday thread

Rougemont said:
For my first post over here I'd just like to say Go to Hell Carolina, and holy crap was that a game! I was there with Mrs. Rouge, my dad and my aunt in section 24, row L. The range of emotions I went through over the last few minutes of that game from the fumble-missed recovery-Carolina touchdown to the final Duke touchdown... Lets just say that's not something my poor heart could take too often. My wife, who really doesn't even like football (but still loves Duke and has a healthy distaste for Carolina athletics), was shouting and screaming. We were hoarse by the end.

I think what I'll remember most is the smell of the spray paint when the players pulled the bell over and fixed it up.

That was, hands down, the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event.

It was a great game!! I was in section 24 myself but a little higher up at row W. It was nuts!! Other than the fight that almost broke out right beside me between a drunk UNC fan and a Duke fan. Great night!!

Rougemont said:
Still can't believe it. I can't watch enough videos and replays.
Awesome, you finally made it over here. I'm sad I declined that ticket yesterday.

Bret Friedlander can't tell if that was intentional? LOL. He doesn't want the Dane Kane treatment by IC. Pussy.

aiw said:
Bret Friedlander can't tell if that was intentional? LOL. He doesn't want the Dane Kane treatment by IC. Pussy.

Srsly. The column made little sense.

aiw said:

Yeah, I immediately dismissed him as an objective journalist on the issue. No clue who he is, but just figured he was favorable to UNC after reading that article.

Very nice. Didn't realize Thad got cut last week. He's now on the practice squad.

Friedlander, and the Star News, in general, has always seemed very pro UNC. They write very biased for Hoggard High School as well. The headline for today's paper was "Duke steals win from UNC". Duke owned that game from start to finish with a brief period of slipping in the 4th quarter. Did we almost give it a way? Sure but a steal it wasn't.

Lewis never saw an atmosphere like Saturday night during his Duke career, but as he soaked in the crowd from the sideline, he could take pride in the role players like him played in helping start the process five years ago.

Exactly what I was hoping for. So happy that this article was written for those of us that were there between 2000-2010.

bfactor said:
Lewis never saw an atmosphere like Saturday night during his Duke career, but as he soaked in the crowd from the sideline, he could take pride in the role players like him played in helping start the process five years ago.

Exactly what I was hoping for. So happy that this article was written for those of us that were there between 2000-2010.

Because 95-2000 was so stellar

Elitist jerk

At least you got a basketball championship

Anyone who was there before 2000 probably has failing memory by now, anyway.

NOD, maybe, but my mind is a steel trap. Where'd I put my keys?

Rollins said:
I can't be the only one re-watching this on ESPNU right now

Oh hell yeah, forgot about that.

BTW, awesome quote from Renfree re: the crowd:

"Our fans were unbelievable. The best I've ever seen here, and then even for away games, this was an unbelievable crowd, and that really pushed us over the edge."

One game suspension for S. Rasheed's cheap shot on CV.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom