Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2017-2018

Unless I am missing it, the only teams with sub 40 KP defense to make the Final Four are VCU and Butler in 2011 (fluke year) and Marquette in 2003 (Dwayne Wade). In 2014/15 Wisconsin made it both years with the #35 defense while Michigan made it in 2013 with the #37 defense. Both 2013 Michigan and 2015 Wisconsin had the #1 offense. 2014 Wisconsin had the #4 offense.

Kenpom has pre-tourney data for each season. Duke was 3/37 (AdjO/AdjD) heading into the tournament. I thought I remembered the defense being worse, but I guess the rise began before the tournament. 2013 Michigan was 2/66, and 2014 Wisconsin was 4/50.

Of course those rankings don’t mean that much. The gap in AdjDE between #66 and #20 could be small, or it could be huge.

That "when no other 5 star recruit did" line was nicely done. Unfortunately, UNC has apparently scouted "lower" talent better than his actual talent/production. Damn Luke Mayes running around winning national championships. UNC coaches get excited about Final Fours, while Duke gets excited about the NBA draft.

That "when no other 5 star recruit did" line was nicely done. Unfortunately, UNC has apparently scouted "lower" talent better than his actual talent/production. Damn Luke Mayes running around winning national championships. UNC coaches get excited about Final Fours, while Duke gets excited about the NBA draft.

To be fair, the ceiling on a team led by Maye in any significant capacity is probably what they are this year: a double digit loss team with a second weekend, just like the 07-09 Duke teams. I'm not giving him an ounce of credit for last year's team just because he hit a big shot against UK.

UNC loses some of their last 5* this year in Berry, Pinson, Johnson (who was like bringing in a 5* freshman, you could say). Let's see what happens when Maye is leading of a team of Manleys and Seventh Woods.

Last edited:

To be fair, the ceiling on a team led by Maye in any significant capacity is probably what they are this year: a double digit loss team with a S16 ceiling, just like the 07-09 Duke teams. I'm not giving him an ounce of credit for last year's team just because he hit a big shot against UK.

UNC loses some of their last 5* this year in Berry, Pinson, Johnson (who was like bringing in a 5* freshman, you could say). Let's see what happens when Maye is leading of a team of Manleys and Seventh Woods.

They will bring in two 5* in Little and White next year plus maybe another grad transfer. They aren't going to stop being a basketball power.

To be fair, the ceiling on a team led by Maye in any significant capacity is probably what they are this year: a double digit loss team with a S16 ceiling, just like the 07-09 Duke teams. I'm not giving him an ounce of credit for last year's team just because he hit a big shot against UK.

They will bring in two 5* in Little and White next year plus maybe another grad transfer. They aren't going to stop being a basketball power.

No fucking shit, but thanks for a post making a point no one asked for or argued against.

Point still stands a team with Luke Maye as the best player (which isn't even the case this year IMO) isn't doing shit in terms of final fours.

Roy traditionally doesn't get anything out of his 5* the first year either. Will be interesting to see if that trend continues...

Jerry Meyer put in a crystal ball for Hagans to UNC, the elite pg from 2019 who is reclassifying to 2018 and just de committed from Georgia.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom