Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2017-2018

Jack’em Joes with no bench. Whoda thunk it?

Imagine how much we would hate UNC if they had done this to us:

2011 - Duke rallies from 16 down at the half to beat UNC in Cameron
2012 - Duke rallies from 10 down in the last 2 minutes to beat UNC at the Dean Dome
2015 - Duke rallies from 10 down with 4 minutes left to beat UNC in OT in Cameron
2016 - Duke rallies from 8 down with 7 minutes left and playing just 5 players to beat UNC at the Dean Dome
2017 - Duke rallies from 12 down to beat UNC in the ACC tournament
2018 - Duke rallies from 10 down at the half to beat UNC in Cameron

There are some other lesser rallies in there I'm not counting.

0WRLHDM.png

Legacy pick 1st team All-ACC. Silly that an 11-7 6 seed gets 2

Played at a high tempo. So they get more all-conference selections. Honestly, pretty fair incentive system to make ACC basketball more appealing. Just not their actual intention when they make decisions based purely on tempo.

0WRLHDM.png

Legacy pick 1st team All-ACC. Silly that an 11-7 6 seed gets 2

His conference-only numbers were a little better, at least (18.8 ppg, 43%FG, 37% 3pt). Still, given that he doesn't contribute much outside of scoring and is a volume shooter, he should probably be a high third-team selection.

2012 - Duke rallies from 10 down in the last 2 minutes to beat UNC at the Dean Dome
2015 - Duke rallies from 10 down with 4 minutes left to beat UNC in OT in Cameron
2016 - Duke rallies from 8 down with 7 minutes left and playing just 5 players to beat UNC at the Dean Dome

It felt the most like 2011. Down double digits at the half and make the big run between the 16 and 10 min mark, then outplay them down the stretch.

Like last night, I also recall the Plumlees being giant pussies in the first half against their bigs and then outplaying them handily in the second half.

Nolan and Seth owned that 2nd half. Seth also led that amazing comeback in 2012 against NC State.

Yup. We have definitely won the more memorable games in the rivalry in recent years. We have provided them some gut wrenching losses.

Unfortunately a legit title threat. Their offense is great and their defense is improving. In awe of the juggernaut UNC has built through poor recruiting and good old fashioned player development.

It's amazing watching Luke Maye play basketball for the best team in college. His movements are like watching a gazelle or any other animal that you can think of that exudes fluidity, strength and grace.

An exceptional athlete, in a sport filled with the greatest athletes.

I'm surprised they don't get called for more fouls. Their defensive philosophy of nonstop slapping at the ball will surely give some ref a foul boner.

Berry is a bitch. Can't stand that dude. One of the game Carolina class players that Bilas usually brags about.

Absolutely loath Berry. His flailing forays into the lane are the very definition of trying to draw a foul rather than actually make a shot. I like Pinson a lot - wish we'd have taken him - but Berry can EAD.

I don’t think Pinson would have lasted long at Duke, honestly, unless K played him as a small 4 like Roy does often.

Unfortunately a legit title threat. Their offense is great and their defense is improving. In awe of the juggernaut UNC has built through poor recruiting and good old fashioned player development.
given our luck lately, im expecting them in the final 4 this year.

Michigan is our only hope. Michigan will be tough for UNC, but it's only 1 game. If you only have to win 1 tough game you have a cake walk.

One ray of light- Michigan is top 25 and Gonzaga/Xavier are top 15 in defensive rebounding. They're all good but not great 3 point shooting teams.

But fuck that west bracket. I'm still so annoyed at this.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom