Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Week 1: NC Central

On CBS gametracker it said Anthony Nash fumbled and NCCU returned it for a TD. BUt it didn't add 7 to their total and then it just showed Duke driving down the field and scoring> What the hell happened?

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
On CBS gametracker it said Anthony Nash fumbled and NCCU returned it for a TD. BUt it didn't add 7 to their total and then it just showed Duke driving down the field and scoring> What the hell happened?

At first ruled fumble, then ruled incomplete pass.

Not too shabby, but as usual - it's Central. Keeping the RBs fresh is always a good thing, though.

Napped through the middle quarters, looks like everything went better than expected.

Better beat Memphis. Rest the starters against GT.

I was thinking it would be nice to see a QB in there instead of Connette who will actually start games at some point in his career (barring a Boone injury), but then I realized there really is no other option because Sirk is injured and the other guys are freshmen going for redshirts.

QB lineage:

2013 Boone
2014 Boone
2015 Sirk
2016 Sirk
2017 Pierre
2018 Pierre
2019 stud freshman Cutcliffe brings in once Duke is winning 7-8 games a year consistently

?

Someone can chime in and tell me all of the reasons why NC Central is worse offensively than last year, but I know they have the same QB, and that QB did some damage against our defense last year:

Last season's game:
Points Allowed: 17
Total Yards Against: 337
First downs: 13
QB went 17/26 218 yards, 2 INT (both of NCCU's TDs were 1 yard runs)

This season's game:
Points allowed: 0
Total Yards Against: 184
First downs: 8
QB went 14/32, 103 yards 1 INT

Looks like NCCU also crossed the 50 just once, in which it didn't enter red zone and missed a FG.

At least for the next six days, I'm going to assume some improvement on defense for this season's group.

I was apparently 3 years old the last time Duke had a shutout. Well done fellas, well done!

I had just been born.

Wasnt a great environment today, really blah. Still got a little drunk though so I call it a win.

Pantone287 said:
aiw said:

Wow.

Holy shit that's bad.

It was pretty lame, but I'm going to pretend and blame it on the opponent, starting time, weather, and labor day.

The reality is we still don't have a loyal following in the community.

I didn't watch the game, but this is the type of score that you are supposed to see the next day.

The crowd was terrible, but at least it filled up some as the game went on. I was watching with a buddy of mine, UGA grad, and his comment was "are y'all playing AT Central?"

That's pretty bad.

Pretty sure Duke hit all of the points on my wish list, so that kept me happy until Georgia shit the bed.

Connette played a pretty great game, except for the dumb interception. We also got very lucky with the fumble/incomplete pass ruling. Can't really complain about a shutout although I'm sure I will find something after I re-watch the game.

Go the fighting Boones!

P.S. so sad that The Truth got cut by the Raiders.

Duke is a 5.5-point favorite at Memphis.

This would be a season-ending loss to non-diehard Duke football fans. Crowds would only get smaller.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom