Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Wendell Carter Jr.

I prefer the 6 blocks. But the EYBL site has him listed for 30, 16, and 3. 13-17 from the floor. 0-3 from three. 4-7 from the line. Hopefully his really good FT shooting that I've generally witnessed was not just a fluke.

http://www.hoopseen.com/news/player/201605/carter-wins-clash-of-titans

There is chatter in the grassroots community about who is the number one player is for the class of 2017 and on Saturday morning there wasn’t any doubt that it was, and is, Wendell Carter, Jr.

Absolutely zero doubt.

Carter was stellar in his match-up against DeAndre Ayton, the No. 2 overall player in the class of 2017 on the HoopSeen.com rankings. Carter and his CP3 team had to fight tooth and nail against a very good Cal Supreme team to pick up a 76-75 win.

Carter finished with 30 points on 13-17 shooting from the floor. He scored 24 points in the paint. He grabbed 16 rebounds and, by our count, had seven blocked shots. Mind you, he did it against Ayton and Brandon McCoy, a top 10 level talent himself.

I wish people were better at counting blocked shots. I see this all the time, even at the college level, where multiple blocks don't show up in the box score.

ESPN article on Wendell Carter:
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/o ... t?id=15852

Carter wasn’t injured, he wasn’t at another basketball event -- he was home in Georgia, acting in a school play.

“It was ‘You Can’t Take It With You,’” Carter said recently at the USA Basketball U17 workouts. “I played a handyman for a weird family. It was all pretty funny."

“I just try to look for things to separate me from everybody else, either on the court or off the court,” Carter said. “Like after practices, I go pick up [others' trash]. Something like that, some of the small things.”

Carter is obviously diversifying his extra-curriculars to get into Harvard. Not good.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom