Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Wendell Carter Jr.

As usual, I find myself agreeing with dub_seahawks. From the start, Bamba and Carter didn't make sense together, but we talked ourselves into it because they both have brains and they would still be awesome to have together, even if it wouldn't be perfect. Sadly, I don't think Bamba is going to care enough about one year of education and the difference, if any, between Duke and some other high quality school to outweigh the fact that Bamba and Carter on the court together would not utilize all of their talents ideally. Carter will pick Duke, and Bamba will go to Villanova or something. Knox would probably be a great PF next to Carter.

Knox and Carter works fine, provided Knox doesn't think he's a 3. Jerry Meyer was bashing the "Knox at the 3" experiment this weekend.

rome8180 said:
Knox and Carter works fine, provided Knox doesn't think he's a 3. Jerry Meyer was bashing the "Knox at the 3" experiment this weekend.

But Jerry has that drinking problem, so take it with a grain of salt.

#drunkenmeyertweets

"Knox drifting around the perimeter"

"Trent Jr. everywhere on the court"

"Bamba can guard all five positions at once"

Good question. I'll take Carter for his more well-rounded game at this stage, but Bamba has as much upside as any prospect in years. So for college give me Wendell, but if I'm an NBA GM I'd strongly consider Bamba.

We're drafting for the NBA, right? Not some hypothetical college draft?

I think Carter is a very good NBA prospect, especially with his developing jumpshot. But like skins said, Bamba has the better upside. There are not many guys outside those two who seem like they'd even be in the conversation. If Diallo or Duval learned to shoot they could be great prospects, but that's a big if. Knox might be a tweener. I don't know enough about guys Duke is not recruiting to make a judgment.

Shorter answer: Bamba.

Should have clarified better, but I was asking from a hypothetical situation of Duke having it's choice of one recruit.

Sorry to be the "fucking mod", but please keep the discussions in the appropriate threads.

ZackM said:
Sorry to be the "**** mod", but please keep the discussions in the appropriate threads.

Is there a combined Bamba and Carter thread that I missed? If so, please provide the link.

dub_seahawks said:
ZackM said:
Sorry to be the "**** mod", but please keep the discussions in the appropriate threads.

Is there a combined Bamba and Carter thread that I missed? If so, please provide the link.

A hypothetical recruit draft question can go into the general Duke recruiting thread.

One way or another, it looks like we're either going to have Bamba-Carter or Carter-Knox.

One is tremendous defensively, and one is tremendous offensively, in theory.

Either duo is likely great on both ends, though in slightly different ways. Getting all three would be more of a trade-off - great D, offensive issues - unless you could persuade each to play 26.67 mpg.

dub_seahawks said:
Should have clarified better, but I was asking from a hypothetical situation of Duke having it's choice of one recruit.
In that case, I'll go with Carter. I think he offers the best overall combination of offense and defense.

dub_seahawks said:

I take Carter for one season. He's a perfect fit at Duke and is easier to add stars around than Bamba, IMO.

So with Bamba and Carter we're looking at a frontcourt with a 10% block rate and 38% FG percentage allowed? Or am I underselling it?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom