Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who are you?

I guess I should actually do this.

Born and raised in ATL. Attended probably the snobbiest non-boarding HS in the country. Graduated from Duke a history major and, as with all History majors, went to med school!! After Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, I went to Tulane for medicine residency. Am on the faculty at Tulane and work at Charity Hospital as a Hospitalist, though most of my time these days is spent as a hospital administrator, rather than taking care of patients.

I'm a flamingly liberal agnostic with a wife who's an OB, a boy who's 4, and possibly the cutest 2-year old daughter in the history of the world. I'm 38, a giant breed dog addict whose lost 2 of my Great Danes in the last year, and I've been a UGA fan since the Carter administration. Also a Braves fan, but only peripherally now, as MLB is just too much work to follow. Grew up a shooting guard and the weirdo kid who was a lefty on the golf course. I guess you could say that golf and basketball are my 2 great loves as a competitor, and college (particularly SEC) football has been my lifelong greatest love as a fan (my football career was cut short largely b/c of acting pursuits). Was one of those assholes at Duke who never tented but always got in with the first 4 tents (thank you Duke Student Govt contacts!!) for every home game of undergrad.

My main interests these days are home theater, AV design, and HTPC's. It's kinda funny that I grew up in a family with a dad who was a Statistics Prof at GT, a mother who's a Math teacher, and an older brother who was a Math genius, and I used to mock their computerness, yet I'm the one in the family who builds home theater PC's for friends on the side 'for fun.'

Ah yes, I'm pretty sure that is the one private school that every other school in the state hates. It's almost as if you were training for the type of hate yu would get at Duke.

I haven't noticed much of a difference between Lovett and and Westminster kids.

Darlington in Rome is just a snot factory though

I'm Josh. 29 and happily married to my high school sweet heart. We have a 2 year old son who's training to be Duke's pg 16 years from now. He's currently the top player in the class of 2028. I'm a Duke Div. graduate and a United Methodist pastor. I'm Christian but I don't like most of them, especially fellow clergy! They annoy me as much as they annoy you. I'm from South GA. and currently live in Albany. I'm still driving the same truck that I got on my 16th birthday. A 95 toyota pickup. Just got her painted and she will probably last another 10 years or so. But I"ll take 15k for her if any of you are interested.

Hobbies: Duke basketball, reading, golf, and spending time with my son/wife/cats.

I'm here because I'm pathetic and pretty much read every Duke message board.

Rollins said:
I haven't noticed much of a difference between Lovett and and Westminster kids.

Darlington in Rome is just a snot factory though

I don't mean this the wrong way, as Lovett was always a pretty good school but Westminster has had a massive downturn in the last 20 yrs academically. When I was there, academics were outstanding. Then we got a new President whose focus was 'service.'

Now, my mother has been a teacher at Westminster since 1978. She's still there, but has finally given up on the school. It's gone from emphasizing academics to emphasizing pretty much every other useless factor. My class (pre-realignment of the SAT scoring system in 1994 and 95) had 8 kids get a 1600 on the SAT, in a class of 160. We had 6 kids at Harvard, 5 at Princeton, 6 at Stanford, and I turned down both Princeton and Stanford to go to Duke. Times have changed immensely.

When I was at Westminster, Lovett was the place where our flunkies went to get into UGA -- in an odd coincidence, the first ever Westminster alum to get turned down at UGA was in my class. Her name was Dicksie (not a misspelling) Kendrick Hill. I don't wanna start anything, but she ended up going to Auburn...

When Kendrick was in junior high, her mom actually set up a meeting with my mom in order to protest her not making the cheerleading team.

IT WAS JUNIOR FUCKING HIGH.

I guess I'll join in.

My name is Nick. I am 17 and live in New Jersey. During the summer I work maintenance at a pool club and make 7.25 an hour, and during the winter I coach a youth basketball team. I don't know what I am going to be majoring in during college yet, but I will either go into Phys Ed or something like Nutrition or Athletic Training. I probably won't go to a college out of state, but if I do I will be heading to Boston. I enjoy watching football, basketball, baseball and soccer. I can't get into hockey, tennis, golf or nascar.

I do some community service work through the Church like going to a hospital and interacting with little kids that have cancer or AIDS and helping put together fundraisers for different causes. Besides that I am not really a pleasant person. I look out for myself for the most part and smoke weed. I have a lot of friends, but I dislike most of them. Hopefully this is just a high school thing.

I enjoy watching movies, television shows and reading books. I have thought about writing but whenever I get semi serious about it I hit a road block then I just stop.

JohaadDBC said:
NOD's Asian?

maxresdefault.jpg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil