Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Zion Williamson

What do we do when Zion eats half of our starting lineup?

ZWTTEM

screen-shot-2015-10-28-at-2-28-09-pm.png

Kentucky fan on Rupp Rafters says he's hearing Clemson or Duke. Duke is really selling the "super team" and branding angle. Says this could be a disaster for Kentucky.

Duke gets RJ, Zion, Cam, and Tre while Kentucky has their worst class to date under Calipari, whose only real strength has been recruiting.

Zion at the 4 would be pretty nasty. I highly doubt K would let him be fat.

Kentucky fan on Rupp Rafters says he's hearing Clemson or Duke. Duke is really selling the "super team" and branding angle. Says this could be a disaster for Kentucky.

Duke gets RJ, Zion, Cam, and Tre while Kentucky has their worst class to date under Calipari, whose only real strength has been recruiting.
Calipari has won a title and advanced to multiple Final Fours. And he consistently gets his freshman-led teams to play defense. But you know, never mind that. Got to willfully ignore reality to be a good fan.

Calipari has won a title and advanced to multiple Final Fours. And he consistently gets his freshman-led teams to play defense. But you know, never mind that. Got to willfully ignore reality to be a good fan.

Cal's teams play D because he typically has elite athletes. Duke will be very good defensively this year because we actually have a PG and aren't burdened with Luke Kennard and Grayson Allen at the same time.

Calipari has made 6 Final Fours in essentially 30 years. Krzyzewski made 6 Final Fours in 7 years from 1986-1992.

Calipari is more salesman than coach. He's a smarter Bruce Pearl.

I am not completely sold on Zion being a good fit at Duke with the current players we already have committed and potentially returning, but, I am all aboard because this would be like a final dagger so to speak to UK. They would absolutely burst into flames if Zion chooses Duke. It should also be noted that UNC fans are VERY confident they are going to land Zion, so winning this recruitment would be truly unbelievable in many ways.

Calipari has made 6 Final Fours in essentially 30 years. Krzyzewski made 6 Final Fours in 7 years from 1986-1992.

Dude, Cal has been to the Final Four 5 times in the last 10 years. Get the fuck out of here with this stupid shit.

Do you not know how to debate without the over-the-top bullying tactics? I am not cursing. I am not calling anymone names. I am not being aggressive. If I'm so stupid, it should be obvious to everyone and the marketplace of ideas will take care of it.

Dude, Cal has been to the Final Four 5 times in the last 10 years. Get the fuck out of here with this stupid shit.

Do you not know how to debate without the over-the-top bullying tactics? I am not cursing. I am not calling anymone names. I am not being aggressive. If I'm so stupid, it should be obvious to everyone and the marketplace of ideas will take care of it.
I didn't call you any names. And cursing? Grow the fuck up.

We hold posters here to a higher intellectual standard. Bad takes are not tolerated and will be ridiculed. The "Cal can't coach" meme was played out 5 years ago.

I didn't call you any names. And cursing? Grow the fuck up.

We hold posters here to a higher intellectual standard. Bad takes are not tolerated and will be ridiculed. The "Cal can't coach" meme was played out 5 years ago.

Give me a break dude. Rome wanted Vrankovic to start at center next year and he can't even look competent against Elon. He has short arms, slow feet, and just generally sucks. Rome has continued to say Wendell Carter is better than Bagley. He continues to reject Zion and calls him fat. These are all terrible takes but nobody will take him on because he has equity. (Of course, you will argue they are NOT terrible takes, but therein lies the rub) He also constantly insults me (I have never insulted him). This board is all about politics just like everything else. The politics thread is a lost cause due to the circlejerk but the basketball forum has promise if opinions are allowed to flow freely.

And fuck Calipari.

Rome's takes may ultimately prove to be bad, but at the moment they're just conjecture. Only time and more data will make that clear. The opinion that Cal can't coach ,on the other hand, is a dead meme, only still peddled by the most blinded homers. It's settled. We have plenty of information to show us that Cal can indeed coach, even if he's not Coach K.

And Zion IS fat. That's definitely not a bad take.

I think you'e missing the point. A well-reasoned take that is backed up with logic and/or evidence that ends up being wrong will get more respect here than a poorly-reasoned guess that turns out bring right.

Rome has a history of putting a lot of critical thought into his opinions, and we respect that even if we disagree or they ultimately aren't proven correct. No one can actually predict outcomes, obviously, so all we really care about with predictions is the thought processes behind them.

Just sort of declaring your opinions and/or backing them up with fallacious and biased logic, on the other hand, will get you ridiculed, regardless of whether you end up guessing the outcome correctly.

I agree we shouldn't swear at each other, but Axe, if you're going to throw at a conjecture like "Caliarpi can't coach", it would certainly be more well received with a paragraph of corroborating evidence or logic than just a statement of fact. For instance, I agree Calipari isn't some brilliant tactician, and potentially mediocre from a roster management perspective (i.e playing the Harrison twins too much in 2015), but there's something to be said for having his teams play well at both ends of the floor with the youth and inexperience, and egos he's had to deal with his entire UK career.

This year will be quite a test as I think this is the weakest UK roster since 2013.

To echo DSon. Cal isn’t an Xs and Os in game coach, but it has been impressive to see him get OADs play stifling defense. Something K has generally struggled with.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom