Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Unofficially official.

Celtics fans on the internet are gonna riot. Zero doubt now that the gap between Irving and IT was a million times larger in NBA front offices than it was on the internet.

Cleveland got better this year and has the chance to add Bagley or Porter to IT, Love, and Lebron.

That's an incredible deal for the Cavs, given the circumstances, to stay as the best team in the East for one more season while also getting that ridiculous pick, which is all that will matter since they have no chance of beating the Warriors next season anyway.

But that's also a good deal for the Celtics, to finally turn all their 60-70 cent players into a dollar player in Irving. Thomas with a max contract is not an asset.

LeBron cooking up some package of assets to get Anthony Davis. Take advantage of the team run by the senile owner with the disgruntled star.

I'll give Gilbert credit, I guess firing Griffin didn't make a goddamn bit of difference after all.

I can't believe Celtics (potentially) gave up their Nets pick. Amazing deal for Cleveland considering the small amount of leverage they had.

LeBron cooking up some package of assets to get Anthony Davis. Take advantage of the team run by the senile owner with the disgruntled star.

I'll give Gilbert credit, I guess firing Griffin didn't make a goddamn bit of difference after all.
Are you seeing that somewhere?

We're so used to thinking of the Nets as the worst team in the league, but I wonder if that's not the perception in offices anymore. If teams like Indy (maybe), Chicago (definitely), and Sacramento (probably, in the west) are all clearly worse, then that pick is more like the #4-7 pick. In fact the Lakers/SAC pick might be the better asset of the two. If that's the case, this deal makes a lot more sense.

Still, I don't see why they just didn't trade at the deadline for Jimmy Butler. I'm thinking they really, really didn't want anything to do with giving IT a contract going forward.

Last edited:
Nets are unlikely to be dead last in the league, since the East is even more terrible than before. I don't know more than Russell and Lin on the Nets roster, but I am fairly certain they will get more wins than the worst teams in the West just due to playing absolutely terrible teams every other week.

I look forward to rooting for the Celtics again. I loved them when KG was there.

I just looked at the Nets roster. That is so bad. I still think Suns will finish worse even if their young players have such high ceilings.

That's an incredible deal for the Cavs, given the circumstances, to stay as the best team in the East for one more season while also getting that ridiculous pick, which is all that will matter since they have no chance of beating the Warriors next season anyway.

But that's also a good deal for the Celtics, to finally turn all their 60-70 cent players into a dollar player in Irving. Thomas with a max contract is not an asset.

I disagree. Cavs certainly have a chance. They were basically 60 seconds away from being tied 2-2 last year.
Agreed it's a good deal for the Cavs in getting that 2018 pick and better defensively.
Don't like this move that much for the Celtics. They didn't get better than the Cavs and lost that pick, got worse defensively and have to resign KI in two years probably to a super max.

Nothing about this trade was getting past Cleveland in the next two seasons. It was about putting their rising core on the same timeline. Ainge knows they will still get beaten down by 30 in the playoffs. But if just one of Tatum/Brown pans out, and they hit on the LAL/SAC pick, that's all that matters.

I look forward to rooting for the Celtics again. I loved them when KG was there.

Will love it if they get passed Cleveland but I don't see that happens to be perfectly honest
Not next year. Too young, not enough size, and not enough defense. The year after depends on Lebron and who both teams draft with their probable top 5 picks.

I disagree. Cavs certainly have a chance. They were basically 60 seconds away from being tied 2-2 last year.
Agreed it's a good deal for the Cavs in getting that 2018 pick and better defensively.
Don't like this move that much for the Celtics. They didn't get better than the Cavs and lost that pick, got worse defensively and have to resign KI in two years probably to a super max.

Unloading Thomas is a lot of value to the Celtics. They no longer are forced to sign him to a max deal. Thomas had negative value to anyone but a contender looking to go all-in for one season, so the Cavs were a miraculous savior to take Thomas off the Celtics' hands while still giving back value in return.

We will just have to disagree on the Cavs chances of beating the Warriors with Irving next season. The Warriors have only gotten better. The Cavs would've been the same or worse as last season.

Cavs should actually be able to get LeBron legit rest this year, so that will be nice for the LeBron homers on this board like myself. Will also be a fun sideshow when D-wade gets bought out and signs with them later

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom