Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I agreed with your side of the discussion, Cameron, up until the last sentence. That was a bit much.

I don't see how you can look at the Cavs and give KI shit for being unprofessional when the Cavs themselves don't operate in a professional manner.

I just don't feel sorry for and actually have a small amount of contempt (I'll admit it) for highly paid athletes that whine about contracts and situations they're in.

Which is why you should get off Kyrie's back, since he has never whined about the situation he's in. If anything, it seems like LeBron and his "camp" have been doing the whining.

I just don't feel sorry for and actually have a small amount of contempt (I'll admit it) for highly paid athletes that whine about contracts and situations they're in.

Which is why you should get off Kyrie's back, since he has never whined about the situation he's in. If anything, it seems like LeBron and his "camp" have been doing the whining.
If you're going to get only LBJs back for leaking the news (if that's even true) then why can't I get in KIs back for actually doing the whining? I have zero sympathy for him or any NBA player that asks to be traded away before their contract is up. I'm not mad at him or anything but if he went to the staff/front office and said he wants out then he deserves some flack. I'm not sure what LBJ has to gain by running off KI. That side makes even less sense to me.

I agreed with your side of the discussion, Cameron, up until the last sentence. That was a bit much.
Why? It's all tongue in cheek. Honestly don't you think he would be better off in these situations had he completed a degree? Not that I fault anyone for leaving but there's something to be said for the things a player learns staying in school and I'm not even talking about the actual degree.

Not to completely derail this thread.... I know you believe patience is a virtue so I'm guessing it's the "uneducated" or "filthy rich" comment

Look at Lance Thomas, Seth Curry or Quin Cook? Those guys fight and claw every damn day to stay in or get into the NBA. They don't make near what KI makes nor will they ever get into a situation where they get to dictate much of their careers. Those guys have half the talent, much much "worse" situations team wise, will likely never play a huge role in a teams success but all have twice as much heart.

It's because of guys like that (the real Dukies IMO) that gets me upset.

If you're going to get only LBJs back for leaking the news (if that's even true) then why can't I get in KIs back for actually doing the whining? I have zero sympathy for him or any NBA player that asks to be traded away before their contract is up. I'm not mad at him or anything but if he went to the staff/front office and said he wants out then he deserves some flack. I'm not sure what LBJ has to gain by running off KI. That side makes even less sense to me.
Can you point me to a video or at least quotes of KI's whining?

Why? It's all tongue in cheek. Honestly don't you think he would be better off in these situations had he completed a degree? Not that I fault anyone for leaving but there's something to be said for the things a player learns staying in school and I'm not even talking about the actual degree.

Not to completely derail this thread.... I know you believe patience is a virtue so I'm guessing it's the "uneducated" or "filthy rich" comment
You're correct that the phrases in quotes are the ones that bother me. Looking at it logically, many of the top NBA players are uneducated and all of them are filthy rich. And yet many exhibit good judgment and patience. Also, there's not a one-to-one correlation between education and good decision making.

I agree with your general point, though, that KI is being an idiot.

Of course not. It's pretty clear he's gone to the front office wanting out. If you don't consider that whining about his situation (a great situation at that) then we will just disagree

You're correct that the phrases in quotes are the ones that bother me. Looking at it logically, many of the top NBA players are uneducated and all of them are filthy rich. And yet many exhibit good judgment and patience. Also, there's not a one-to-one correlation between education and good decision making.

I agree with your general point, though, that KI is being an idiot.

Gotcha. I agree. I'll retract that statement.

Of course not. It's pretty clear he's gone to the front office wanting out. If you don't consider that whining about his situation (a great situation at that) then we will just disagree
People ask for transfers between teams/departments at other jobs all the time for lots of reasons. I don't think it's whining by default.

Also, again, you keep calling it a great situation, but that's from your own point of view. KI might not feel that way.

People ask for transfers between teams/departments at other jobs all the time for lots of reasons. I don't think it's whining by default.

Also, again, you keep calling it a great situation, but that's from your own point of view. KI might not feel that way.

Obviously KI doesn't feel he's in a great situation but that's what makes this whining IMO. If he's unhappy about the situation he's in what possible situation could he be in that would be better? Less talent around him? Less playing time? Less wins per season?

If he was stuck in Cleveland for the next 4-5 years and was unhappy I could see asking for a trade. But he has 1 more year of LBJ. Max 2 years.

It just looks like he wants to be the man somewhere, which makes it look like he's less interested in winning and team play and more interested in himself. This is just a lousy look.

One of the few likable Duke players left in the world is being tied to the single most hated player. We will not have any left.

Soon:

PG: Irving (via trade)
SG: Barrett (2019 Kings pick)
SF: Hayward
PF: Tatum
C: Bagley (2018 Nets pick)

If we can't get Stevens to take over for K, this is the next closest thing I guess.

Last edited:

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom