Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Very Machiavellian by Kyrie to have his buddy LeBron leak the news that he wanted out, so that Boston wouldn't have to give up a Brown/Tatum caliber player to get this deal done. Also provides LeBron additional cover to leave the Cavs when Crowder shits in the playoffs again.

Soon:

PG: Irving (via trade)
SG: Barrett (2019 Kings pick)
SF: Hayward
PF: Tatum
C: Bagley (2018 Nets pick)

If we can't get Stevens to take over for K, this is the next closest thing I guess.

Pls. don't trade next year's #1, Danny. Otherwise, I love it

Given the reduction in Cleveland's bargaining position since Kyrie's wishes became known, i'd say if Thomas/Crowder are the basis of the package, then Brown/Tatum as assets as well as any of the lotto picks they have, are out of play. It would be IT/JC, salary filler, and maybe some of their later 1st round and/or 2nd round picks.

Best outcome possible from the Duke perspective, as obviously in addition to Kyrie joining an upcoming contender, it also removes a player who would have been an impediment to Tatum's playing time.

Last edited:
So which team is better next year?

Thomas
Rose
Bron
Love
Thompson

Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Morris
Horford

I think the Cavs win in 6-7 but then Lebron leaves and the Celtics cake walk to the Finals for the next 5 years if they keep those draft picks. Bagley or Bamba would be perfect.

Sounds like the only remaining negotiation point is which draft pick they'll send. So...

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Horford

Who's the fifth starter? Tatum or Smart, I guess, as they're really the only other potentially starter quality players?

Have to wonder if Tatum gets a shot, as rebounding and size in general looks like the biggest weakness. Plus, they seem to like Smart running the second team.

Funny how the Celtics' depth is sort of going to suck next year, after how ridiculous it was last year.

I think the Celtics are better. I also think you would see Morris off of the bench and Hayward playing the stretch 4 and Tatum at the 3.

Sounds like the only remaining negotiation point is which draft pick they'll send. So...

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Horford

Who's the fifth starter? Tatum or Smart, I guess, as they're really the only other potentially starter quality players?

Have to wonder if Tatum gets a shot, as rebounding and size in general looks like the biggest weakness. Plus, they seem to like Smart running the second team.

Funny how the Celtics' depth is sort of going to suck next year, after how ridiculous it was last year.

I don't see why Brown would be in the starting rotation over Tatum.

I think there bench is still good for next season. Smart, Crowder, and Brown (assuming he develops) is a good core for the bench.

I think the Celtics are better. I also think you would see Morris off of the bench and Hayward playing the stretch 4 and Tatum at the 3.

I think they shrank the gap a little, but a lot of those players are still kids and LeBron is still king.

By 2020 with LeBron long gone and two more top 5 picks in addition to that core? Yeah, that's a powerhouse.

Looks like the fundamentals of the deal are done and the finishing touches being worked out:

No way some stingy bastard like Ainge was going to give up Tatum in that deal, not after the way the organization gushed about him before and after. I do wonder if they are considering that Lakers/SAC pick though. Celtics fan would instantly react negatively to giving up IT and that pick, but that would only confirm to me how much more NBA people value Irving over Thomas in comparison to RealGM and /r/nba types who seem to think they are equal players.

No way some stingy bastard like Ainge was going to give up Tatum in that deal, not after the way the organization gushed about him before and after. I do wonder if they are considering that Lakers/SAC pick though.

Yeah, this is from a guy on Boston RealGM. No idea of his cred, but people seem to be taking it seriously:

Smitty731 wrote:I'm told Brooklyn pick is not on the table. LAKings pick may be. We'll see. Tatum is not on the table at all.

No way some stingy bastard like Ainge was going to give up Tatum in that deal, not after the way the organization gushed about him before and after. I do wonder if they are considering that Lakers/SAC pick though. Celtics fan would instantly react negatively to giving up IT and that pick, but that would only confirm to me how much more NBA people value Irving over Thomas in comparison to RealGM and /r/nba types who seem to think they are equal players or even that IT is better.

Cavs actually do pretty damn well, at least better than expected if they get that pick. Paying a 30 year old IT who will be 35 and still 5'7 at the end of his next (max) deal will hurt, but if you're lucky enough to get that Donic kid or Barrett the next year, that's better than most teams get for their departing star.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom