Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] at Miami

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3-5 @ Miami since 2013, 2-4 @ Clemson since 2012, 3-6 @ NC State since 2010, and 1-5 @ VT since 2015. Easily the four gyms we struggle in the most, and we had to go to all four this year. Schedule did us no favors.

Reactions: TBC
I will say, the great Nate Oats and #3 Alabama had a worse loss than this to a worse Oklahoma team than Miami last week. This was an awful experience, but not necessarily all that meaningful in the grand scheme.

This team is what it is at this point. Very good at home, solid at neutral sites, bad on the road. Strong front court, poor backcourt. Sweet 16 ceiling, r32 median outcome unless Whitehead somehow comes back and morphs into a top 10 Duke OAD.

Like maybe don't go out drinking before playing UConn in 1999, but this? Who cares?

Won’t be pretty on Saturday in Charlottesville either. Not as ugly as tonight given UVA’s pace I’m assuming, but it’ll be double digits based on this teams road history.

We’ve lost once in Charlottesville since 2013, but yeah, I can’t see us winning unless we somehow have an out of body three point shooting game.

18 year old kids partying on a Saturday night after the biggest win of their career, frankly I'm shocked and disgusted.

Don't care too much about this loss other than the margin killing us on KenPom, but we need to prove it was just a blip/schedule loss. That means playing UVA tough.

Hope you masochists enjoyed watching that one.

Duke would have lost at Miami if they had played on Wednesday instead of tonight, but the margin was pretty much determined when the schedule came out. Saturday’s game was probably the most hyped game most of the guys have played in, and then they have to play a road game at a decent opponent less than 24 hours later? Not going to read much into it.

A decent opponent all hyped up for a revenge game in front of their only sellout crowd of the season, at that

Really a frustrating game to watch. Our guards are kind of just bad overall. Watching them try to drive the ball only to fall, lose their handle, or have to jump stop and pivot around was disappointing. It felt, to me, like watching an overmatched Greg Paulus again.

I don't think I've ever seen a team be as predictable in their wins and losses. While you'd like to see us be more competitive in our road losses, it's at least somewhat encouraging that we're not having any bad losses. It seems like this is just who we are: good enough to beat the good teams at home and the bad teams on the road, not good enough to beat the good teams on the road.

Never thought I'd come to be grateful for the NET/Quad system though. I still think it's fucking stupid, but it's saving us this year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom