Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Wake Forest

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just want it to be competitive. Like you guys have said, pretty good team playing for its tournament berth in front of its best crowd in several seasons. That’s a recipe for a blowout, so I’ll be impressed if Duke hangs in and loses a close one. Something like the 2010 team’s loss at Maryland is fine.
Checked the final score a few minutes ago and was pretty pleased with the game. Then I came here and read about the court storm injury. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Well, if roach doesn’t devolve into freshman roach in the last 2 minutes, we probably win
Then I’m really pleased by this game (as long as Flip is ok). I trust Roach in the tournament.

I just want it to be competitive. Like you guys have said, pretty good team playing for its tournament berth in front of its best crowd in several seasons. That’s a recipe for a blowout, so I’ll be impressed if Duke hangs in and loses a close one. Something like the 2010 team’s loss at Maryland is fine.
Checked the final score a few minutes ago and was pretty pleased with the game. Then I came here and read about the court storm injury. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Well, if roach doesn’t devolve into freshman roach in the last 2 minutes, we probably win
It's hard for me to be too mad at him after all he's done this year. If our defense hadn't been trash throughout, we're not in that situation. They shot 63/53 for the game or something, didn't they?

It's hard for me to be too mad at him after all he's done this year. If our defense hadn't been trash throughout, we're not in that situation. They shot 63/53 for the game or something, didn't they?
I’m not mad at roach at all. We just woulda won if he didn’t turn it over twice. Shit happens. Way more pissed about the injuries than the result of the game.

That's the rough part. Need health to continue the decent play the Devils have put together

Wake really not a terrible team, so I'm not despondent about the L. Duke could've/should've won, but did not close.

Thinking you're going to win every close game is not realistic, of course. But you should probably win 50% of them. And that number is probably higher in Duke's case because we're typically the favored team with more talent. Plus, at least this year we were leading in late game scenarios multiple times, which should tilt the probability in your favor.

Thinking you're going to win every close game is not realistic, of course. But you should probably win 50% of them. And that number is probably higher in Duke's case because we're typically the favored team with more talent. Plus, at least this year we were leading in late game scenarios multiple times, which should tilt the probability in your favor.

It’s not an exact science and I’m not going back to pull up the play-by-play for every game that is a candidate, so I’ll just look at those decided by 6 points or less or in OT. It’s actually a little better than I’d remembered. We were good in close games in 2019 and 2023, bad in 2018, 2021, and this year, and about average in the rest.

2017: 6-4
2018: 3-7
2019: 8-4
2020: 3-4
2021: 2-9 (lol)
2022: 5-5
2023: 8-3
2024: 1-5

Let’s say each of the most prominent white players in men’s and women’s college basketball were just pulling Larry David bullshit and faking injuries to bring attention to the issue. It should probably be banned if that’s what it has come to. None of the players at any level want it.

It does seem more and more like it was a stunt to draw attention and create change. Credit to him and Scheyer for going through with this, but the social media reaction won’t be kind, given it’s Duke and it’s white guys at the center of it, and even Duke fans don’t like Filipowski. I would’ve let Clark and Iowa keep trying, but they don’t lose often enough to create the opportunities.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom