Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] North Carolina

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember when VT won a game because they punched Flip in the face and no one cared?
Yeah, a suspension over this half-hearted trip would be such bullshit given the hits Filipowski has taken the last two years. There were two or three fouls in the Tennessee game that should have been been flagrant but weren’t.

I believe that over half of the alleged incident is the fact that Ingram is just too fucking clumsy to jump over Flip.

Remember when VT won a game because they punched Flip in the face and no one cared?
Didn’t even call a foul, much less a flagrant 2 like it should have been. Cost Duke the game, too.

Also, why is no one talking about Ingram trying to push Flip down to the floor right before Flip tries the trip? It’s always the stupid retaliation that gets caught like Grayson and that FSU dude.

Didn’t even call a foul, much less a flagrant 2 like it should have been. Cost Duke the game, too.

Also, why is no one talking about Ingram trying to push Flip down to the floor right before Flip tries the trip? It’s always the stupid retaliation that gets caught like Grayson and that FSU dude.
Actually Flip was punched in the throat against VaTech and mugged at the rim before time ran out at Virginia. Neither episode was called a foul.

Filipowski is wrong in tripping Ingram. There is no justification. With that said, if the roles were reversed, there would be way, way, way more attention on the two hands to the back. It's just part of being at Duke I guess.

I'd love to see the shot quality analytics for this game. Maybe I'm viewing this through a postmortem lens warped by dejection, but from the eye test, it seems like UNC was able to generate exponentially easier shots. I'll have to re-watch at a later date when biases aren't impacting how I'm viewing the film.

One thing that's certain is that they're the tougher and more physical team, which is illustrated by the rebounding disparity and the fact that our bigs were neutralized to the point where McCain has led us in rebounding both games in the series.

This was my read, yes. The only reason UNC didn’t but 90 again is because besides the backbreaking Roach turnovers, we held onto the ball pretty well while turning over UNC quite a bit, denying them more scoring possessions

Meanwhile we probably gave up well more than the margin on points scored from UNC putbacks and other 2nd point shots generated from the front court getting outmuscled.

Bring on Flagg and Maluach
I don't think shot quality was a clear UNC win. The start might be overly-shaping people's minds here. Duke scored 6 points in the first 7 minutes, 25 in the next 13 minutes, and 38 in the first 18 minutes of the second half, and that lines up with my impression of UNC's defense loosening up as the game went on, especially after the start.

Across the whole game, Duke attempted more 3s from better shooters and often it was open shooters stepping into a pass. Free throw battle was won by Duke, even with the end game fouling. Duke blocked twice as many shots (6-3). RJ, Ingram and Trimble all took their share of tough (either due to distance or contest) twos.

Plus the OREB difference was less than the turnover difference, so I don't think it's clear cut that UNC would've been expected to score more than Duke.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom