Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] North Carolina

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still don’t see why we’re such favorites, even at home.
Because we're better in every metric. And we've been significantly better over the last five weeks.
Just envisioning RJ shitting down our throats with another Bacot “too small” celebration. Tell me I’m wrong.
I can't predict the future. That could easily happen.

But your "envisioning" is driven purely by pessimism and not anything rational. The Vegas odds are more likely to reflect reality.
Lmao
Fuck you, you piece of shit. Everyone hates you here.
Lmao calm down Nancy, go touch some grass. Its a basketball forum. I’m just as pissed as you are after watching that pathetic performance by our boys.

Because we're better in every metric. And we've been significantly better over the last five weeks.
Just envisioning RJ shitting down our throats with another Bacot “too small” celebration. Tell me I’m wrong.

But your "envisioning" is driven purely by pessimism and not anything rational. The Vegas odds are more likely to reflect reality.
Lmao
Lmao calm down Nancy, go touch some grass. Its a basketball forum. I’m just as pissed as you are after watching that pathetic performance by our boys.
Just because the outcome you predicted happened doesn't mean it was based on rational thought, you Eeyore-in-human-form fuckhead. You predict the worst possible outcome 99% of the time. You know that expression about broken clocks?

And I meant what I said. There's a reason most people have you on two-way ignore, or hadn't you noticed?

Sure it looks shitty now but I don't think we're in THAT different of a position than we were in 22 before ripping off a F4 run.

22 had an elite, gamebreaking talent in Paolo. This team doesn’t have anyone close to that level.
I think this is sort of overstating that. Regular season Paolo wasn't that great. Pretty inefficient and flow-killing of a player.

Lmao
Just because the outcome you predicted happened doesn't mean it was based on rational thought, you Eeyore-in-human-form fuckhead. You predict the worst possible outcome 99% of the time. You know that expression about broken clocks?

And I meant what I said. There's a reason most people have you on two-way ignore, or hadn't you noticed?
Man you really do need to step outside. Maybe get some fresh air. Got a lot of pent up anger to sort through. Kinda sad.

Sure it looks shitty now but I don't think we're in THAT different of a position than we were in 22 before ripping off a F4 run.

22 had an elite, gamebreaking talent in Paolo. This team doesn’t have anyone close to that level.
I think this is sort of overstating that. Regular season Paolo wasn't that great. Pretty inefficient and flow-killing of a player.

I agree, but he turned it up a few notches in the tournament. I don’t think we have anyone of that mold on this team.

This honestly took me from pretty optimistic about the rest of this season to completely out. If you can't win a game this important against a good but not great team at home after losing to them on the road, you don't have a shot in the tournament.

Sort of hoping to lose before we face UNC in the ACCT.
Frankly, this is where I'm at as well. Tonight is a crushing loss for a multitude of reasons.

This regular season sweep isn't even like in 2009, where we could shrug it off due to UNC being the best team in the country and a well-oiled machine who can virtually destroy any opponent. This is merely a good UNC team that doesn't have a talent or size advantage against us, and yet they've essentially never trailed in both games.

This honestly took me from pretty optimistic about the rest of this season to completely out. If you can't win a game this important against a good but not great team at home after losing to them on the road, you don't have a shot in the tournament.

Frankly, this is where I'm at as well. Tonight is a crushing loss for a multitude of reasons.

This regular season sweep isn't even like in 2009, where we could shrug it off due to UNC being the best team in the country and a well-oiled machine who can virtually destroy any opponent. This is merely a good UNC team that doesn't have a talent or size advantage against us, and yet they've essentially never trailed in both games.
And had huge leads in both.

I didn’t watch most of it, but Duke covers if Cormac Ryan shoots his typical percentage from 3. Pretty wild stuff. I never got too high on this bunch, so I guess this isn’t bothering me too much. Hoping for a 2nd weekend appearance in the NCAAT.

We don't match up well with this team. It is what it is. I for one can't wait to no longer see Bacot, RJ too but of course he'll return

And even so we had brain farts as bad or worse than tonight against trash teams like Virginia Tech, Campbell, that Clemson game, that Wake game where they almost hit an 80 footer to win, that no one remembers because it wasn't against UNC.

The high point for Duke in the rivalry in the last 10 years was the 2nd half comeback in the 2017 ACC Tournament semi. Grayson and Kennard were hitting daggers and even friggin Giles showed up with an alley oop lol. That was a satisfying win but the rivalry has been shit for us since.

I didn’t watch most of it, but Duke covers if Cormac Ryan shoots his typical percentage from 3. Pretty wild stuff. I never got too high on this bunch, so I guess this isn’t bothering me too much. Hoping for a 2nd weekend appearance in the NCAAT.
UNC has had an outlier performance from a wing shooter in both games now. I do think it's possible that that says something about our closeouts and our perimeter defensive length.

And of course, Blake Hinson torched us from three in our other worst lost of the year.

And even so we had brain farts as bad or worse than tonight against trash teams like Virginia Tech, Campbell, that Clemson game, that Wake game where they almost hit an 80 footer to win, that no one remembers because it wasn't against UNC.

The high point for Duke in the rivalry in the last 10 years was the 2nd half comeback in the 2017 ACC Tournament semi. Grayson and Kennard were hitting daggers and even friggin Giles showed up with an alley oop lol. That was a satisfying win but the rivalry has been shit for us since.
That 2017 team was a massive disappointment yet somehow went 2-1 against a UNC team that went on to win the title. So weird.

I would argue that the 2022 win over UNC in Chapel Hill was a high point too. Sure, it was tainted by what happened later in the year, but at the time it was euphoric. I would also argue that 2020 and 2023 were pretty great even if UNC sucked. I mean, we had TWO buzzer beaters in the 2020 game. And in 2023, we just completely shut down their best players.

Lmao

Man you really do need to step outside. Maybe get some fresh air. Got a lot of pent up anger to sort through. Kinda sad.
Haven't posted in awhile, but man, fuck you.

How does Ryan Young get 20 mins tonight?
Had 6 Rebs but went 0-2.

Sean had 4 fouls in 7 mins. Crazy with the amount of stuff they let go.

TJ went 2-2 for 7 pts in 4 mins

Mark played 18 mins1-3 for 3pts/4rebs

Lmao

Haven't posted in awhile, but man, fuck you.
Skins! Good to see you again man, been a little bit. How you been?

I thought we were trending away from big minutes for Young.

I'm also not sure that giving Sean and TJ minutes at the expense of Mitchell is good either short or longterm. As bad as Mitchell was, he's been mostly great this year. And if he's already reluctant to return for his junior season, you're kind of just pushing him out the door with this.

Well, the cycle is largely pointing toward a loss tomorrow. Tatum goes 5-13 and misses the game-winner vs. Denver last night. Tonight Orlando scores 74 fucking points in an NBA game and loses to the team right ahead of them in the standings. But New Orleans wins in Philly. I will say that they nearly blew a 35-point lead. So even that game isn't that encouraging.

The Rome Rule is so fucking ironclad it’s uncanny, man.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom