Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Cameron Reddish

He looks awesome. Super quick and a tight handle for someone his size. Looks like he's got a good touch around the rim.

I'm sure this is biased by physical resemblance, but I'd say Reddish is Harrison Barnes plus guard skills, maybe minus a little rebounding.
Actually rebounding is one of Reddish's strengths, in fact that's a trait he shares with Barrett and Williamson. All 3 have excellent rebounding rates for their projected NBA positions.

Reddish in particular has the guard skills, rebounding ability and shooting to be Duke's first OAD to flirt with a triple-double a few times next year, especially when you take into account how relatively depleted the roster will be and his usage rate.

I think given how infrequently even our PGs cross the 10-assist mark, that's gonna be hard for him.

I think given how infrequently even our PGs cross the 10-assist mark, that's gonna be hard for him.

Agreed.
K's system isn't really conducive to superficially enhancing a guards assist % like Roy's did for players like Kendall Marshall (and later Stillman White at the end of the season that year)

By flirt, I meant games were he has like 7, 5 and 4 at halftime against some early OOC cremepuff and ends up with a statline like 20, 10 and 6(and like 6 TOs from trying too hard before K yanks him out to put in the walk-ons.)

I feel like our love/hate relationship with him is going to depend on whether we also get Barrett or Zion.

If we don't, and we have to rely on him for all of our non-Tre Jones offense, I imagine it won't be pretty. However, if we get one of those guys to be the alpha male scorer, then Reddish can take the role of a super high-level complementary player, which seems to fit him better.

He seems like a great Pippen, maybe not a great Jordan.

I especially like this after Calipari played him at pg in an effort to sway him. Throw the kitchen sink at Barrett, Garland and E. Williams. Wish we were more involved with some guards, as we look to be consistently thin in the backcourt for the next few years.

I agree with this- and I wish we would target a mid to low end 4-star guard. Someone better than Goldwire, probably more in the range of O'Connell. Someone that will stay 4 years and will have a chance to play and contribute his final 2 seasons.

Based on the Goldwire signing I would imagine we might be in play for Will Dillard in the Spring, the guard from Greensboro Day.

I watched two Reddish games last night. Not exactly a full sample, but I see what people mean by his "disappearing." I don't actually think it comes from laziness. He gave good defensive and rebounding effort, and he was bringing the ball up the floor every time. But he was very quick to get rid of the ball when he had it. In general, he didn't attack off the dribble nearly as much as someone of his talent level should.

The good part is he doesn't force anything. I just am not sure if he should be our alpha option. Even Ingram had Allen. And in fact, Reddish's play reminds me most of Ingram on the Lakers.

I suggest that people who think he and Barrett are comparable watch games of both. I think it would be ideal if we landed Barrett and made him option #1. Reddish seems content to take open threes and push occasionally in transition. He may be our first top 5 prospect with 17% usage.

Just watched some game footage of Cameron. @rome8180 I agree with you that his shot is wonky--it's not just the elbow, it's also the release point. Obviously, it goes in, but it's way too low. It worries me that he's made it to being this can't miss prospect with such a glaring mechanical flaw in his shot. I think it says a lot about the state of coaching at the HS/AAU level.

That being said, he changes speeds well, has an impressive first step and changes directions well. He seems to finish below the rim a lot, but is crafty around the rim. He reminds me a little bit of Durant. Slender frame, long strides, perimeter oriented game, brings the ball up the court and surveys the floor well. The Duke stregth program will serve him well, and I think he's going to be one of those guys who fills the stat sheet without blowing you away.

I watched two Reddish games last night. Not exactly a full sample, but I see what people mean by his "disappearing." I don't actually think it comes from laziness. He gave good defensive and rebounding effort, and he was bringing the ball up the floor every time. But he was very quick to get rid of the ball when he had it. In general, he didn't attack off the dribble nearly as much as someone of his talent level should.

The good part is he doesn't force anything. I just am not sure if he should be our alpha option. Even Ingram had Allen. And in fact, Reddish's play reminds me most of Ingram on the Lakers.

I suggest that people who think he and Barrett are comparable watch games of both. I think it would be ideal if we landed Barrett and made him option #1. Reddish seems content to take open threes and push occasionally in transition. He may be our first top 5 prospect with 17% usage.

Sounds like he would be an excellent 3rd scoring option in Duke's offense behind Barrett and Jones.

Sounds like he would be an excellent 3rd scoring option in Duke's offense behind Barrett and Jones.

Jones ain't scoring more than 10 points per game as a freshman, if that. Tre does a few things better than Tyus, mainly on the defensive end of the floor, but Tre is not on Tyus's level offensively. I find it very hard to believe that Jones would be a second option at Duke when he's got average size, is an average athlete and can't shoot. Trent would fit so nicely with Barrett and Reddish. If not, and Duke lands Garland, I guarantee that if Garland starts, he averages more PPG than Jones.

FWIW, Jones averaged 19.3 points this EYBL season to Garland's 16.8 on a roughly equivalent team (along with doing a lot of other things better that would probably warrant more minutes as a freshman). The concern about his shooting is fair, although 80% FT% is an encouraging sign that he'll improve. But overall, it seems like you're underrating how good he's been as an overall offensive stud lately.

FWIW, Jones averaged 19.3 points this EYBL season to Garland's 16.8 on a roughly equivalent team (along with doing a lot of other things better that would probably warrant more minutes as a freshman). The concern about his shooting is fair, although 80% FT% is an encouraging sign that he'll improve. But overall, it seems like you're underrating how good he's been as an overall offensive stud lately.

I don't think Garland is better than Jones. If Trent leaves, and they get Garland, Garland is starting at the two and Jones at the 1, not the other way around in my opinion. I stand by my prediction, Tre is a great player and excellent at running a team, but expecting him to be a big time scorer, I,E, the second scoring option, is a mistake. Tyus averaged 25+ when he played in the EYBL and was 4th in scoring in 2015 btw. I like Tre, but from what I've seen, he's not Tyus level offensively at the same stage.

Yeah, have you not watched Jones since he took his big leap this last year? He could put up 30 when he needed to. The three-point shooting is definitely the biggest issue. But if we don't land Barrett, who do you expect to be the second scoring option?

At any rate, Reddish as option #1 doesn't seem great either. I will say that Coach K is pretty good at getting players to be more offensively aggressive though. So maybe he'll bring that out of him.

Cam and RJ on the wings would be a dream. So much length to disrupt passing lanes, love having those types of players (B. Ingram was really good in the press and at the top of the key breaking up passes).

Yeah, have you not watched Jones since he took his big leap this last year? He could put up 30 when he needed to. The three-point shooting is definitely the biggest issue. But if we don't land Barrett, who do you expect to be the second scoring option?

At any rate, Reddish as option #1 doesn't seem great either. I will say that Coach K is pretty good at getting players to be more offensively aggressive though. So maybe he'll bring that out of him.

Your comment about the need for 'coaching up' Cam's level of offensive assertiveness/aggression is something that has been referenced often during this recruitment. The staff will have to meet this challenge.

Personally, I don't get how he averaged 20-something ppg. I watched an entire half where he took two shots. That was a game from January 2017. I watched a game from a year earlier and it wasn't much different. I get that his high school team had Bamba and Brandon Randolph, and that Reddish was basically the PG, but it was still worrisome.

If you had asked me who the top 5 prospect was on that team just based on watching those games, I would have said Randolph. In fact, I am kind of jealous of Arizona for landing him. Looks way underranked.

Your comment about the need for 'coaching up' Cam's level of offensive assertiveness/aggression is something that has been referenced often during this recruitment. The staff will have to meet this challenge.

I have no doubt that under the tutelage of Master Michael Krzyzewski, Reddish will very soon be game-ready, with a strong face backed by plenty of verve.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom