Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2016-2017

dub_seahawks said:
Slap the Floor said:
I shouldn't have mentioned "7" when I said 7-10. That was a mistake on my part. Maybe to better clarify, I would put them as a top 10 team with their ceiling being as high as 3-4 and their floor being 9-10. Assuming everyone still wavering returns, I think Duke, Kansas and Kentucky are the top 3 teams. Wisconsin, Villanova, Seton Hall, Xavier, Michigan State, Louisville are on the same level of them. Although, while I think those teams can reach the same ceiling as Villanova, I think some of them have lower floors.

Seton Hall at the same level of Villanova. Ok.

I said "assuming everyone returns". If Whitehead returns, Seton Hall would be returning 5 starters, a 1st team AA candidate for next season, from a team that won the Big East last season, won 25 games and finished 22nd on KenPom. I don't think it's unreasonable at all that with one of the best players in the nation, 5 juniors that all started this previous season and with two 4-star freshman guards, that Seton Hall would take another big jump next season, and become a top 10 team.

best4heisman said:

Don't think we should be too worried about Seton Hall.

Yeah they aren't a thread. They will still be a NCAA Tournament team, but with Whitehead, they could've been really dangerous, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChibCU said:
Is Wisconsin really supposed to be that good? They add nothing and Nigel Hayes has regressive basketball abilities. Therefore, I have them worsening.

I'm not sure how you would think they get worse, instead of better. They return literally their top 9 players from a team that finished the season 13-4, went 12-6 in conference play, and went to the Sweet Sixteen. Nigel Hayes and Koenig will be good seniors, and Ethan Happ will be a sophomore and be better than last season. In today's college basketball where transfers and early draft entries are so common, Wisconsin will have a tremendous advantage in returning everyone from last season's team. I think they're a top 10 team. They finished the season really well last season with wins over Michigan State, Indiana, and Maryland, and reaching the Sweet Sixteen.

Hart, Koenig, both Oregon guys and at least one Purdue guy is back.

Seems like the consensus top 5 from national guys today is Duke, UK, Nova, Kansas, Oregon.

In the ACC, relevant decisions in the last week or so:

Malachi Richardson (Syr), gone. Blossomgame (Clemson) and Onuaku (L'Ville) announcing something today (which is the deadline). Since we have a road game against Cuse, the Richardson news is good for us. Think he wouldve had a big freshman-soph jump next year.

Slap the Floor said:
ChibCU said:
Is Wisconsin really supposed to be that good? They add nothing and Nigel Hayes has regressive basketball abilities. Therefore, I have them worsening.

I'm not sure how you would think they get worse, instead of better. They return literally their top 9 players from a team that finished the season 13-4, went 12-6 in conference play, and went to the Sweet Sixteen. Nigel Hayes and Koenig will be good seniors, and Ethan Happ will be a sophomore and be better than last season. In today's college basketball where transfers and early draft entries are so common, Wisconsin will have a tremendous advantage in returning everyone from last season's team. I think they're a top 10 team. They finished the season really well last season with wins over Michigan State, Indiana, and Maryland, and reaching the Sweet Sixteen.

Nigel Hayes has Benjamin Button Syndrome affecting his basketball ability.

Slap the Floor said:
ChibCU said:

Nigel Hayes has Benjamin Button Syndrome affecting his basketball ability.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Lol Marcus Lee returning to college but transferring from UK. They are getting Briscoe back, however.

Lee will be 22 at the start of next year's season. Ya know what? I think Miami should grab him.

Kentucky playable roster:

PG De'Aaron Fox
SG Isaiah Briscoe, Malik Monk, Dominique Hawkins
SF Derek Willis, Wenyen Gabriel
PF Bam Adebayo, Sacha Killeya-Jones
C Isaac Humphries, Tai Wynyard

This is not great.

Blossomfuck returning.

Naturally in an up year for Duke, pretty much every acc player withdrew from the draft and returned, one year following UNC's up year coinciding with a massive league wide talent drain.

I strongly agree with that - he looked great at the end of the year and apparently had some great workouts for the NBA folks.

Richardson and Battle could have been a nice perimeter tandem.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Hart, Koenig, both Oregon guys and at least one Purdue guy is back.

Seems like the consensus top 5 from national guys today is Duke, UK, Nova, Kansas, Oregon.

In the ACC, relevant decisions in the last week or so:

Malachi Richardson (Syr), gone. Blossomgame (Clemson) and Onuaku (L'Ville) announcing something today (which is the deadline). Since we have a road game against Cuse, the Richardson news is good for us. Think he wouldve had a big freshman-soph jump next year.[/quote]

I think we will destroy Syracuse if we put Tatum in the middle of the zone.

Good get for NC State, probably. Fits their mold of low basketball IQ trash players who kill Duke.

He does shoot threes pretty well. 38% on high-ish volume (5.6 attempts per game) shows promise. Apparently has a Sulaimon-like inability to finish at the rim though.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Good get for NC State, probably. Fits their mold of low basketball IQ trash players who kill Duke.

I was thinking UCONN. UCONN seems to get a lot of guards via transfer, both underclassman and grad.

I've seen a bunch of preseason rankings listing Seton Hall at the top.

Top of the honorable mentions.

dub_seahawks said:
I've seen a bunch of preseason rankings listing Seton Hall at the top.

Top of the honorable mentions.

Accolades from Lunardi

SETON HALL IS 'BIGGEST OFFSEASON LOSER'
Joe Lunardi named the Pirates as the biggest loser of the offseason. Without Isaiah Whitehead, Lunardi drops Seton Hall from a No. 4 to a No. 9 on his June 1 Bracketology update.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom