Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

This is really weird to watch. Alabama just stands there on D and Minny passes around the perimeter and then takes and makes bad shots.

The lead is less now than when Alabama had 5 players

TCU has a Jeremy Hyatt on its team.

St. Bonaventure has a player named Mowgli.

Duke defense would be better in a 3-man inverted triangle zone than 5-man m2m, so this isn't much of a surprise.

It makes you wonder how good the 2015 team would have been if they just played 4 guys instead of having Okafor out there too. Until today I would have thought that it is always preferable to put the 5th player on the floor, no matter who he was. Until today.

Duke defense would be better in a 3-man inverted triangle zone than 5-man m2m, so this isn't much of a surprise.

It makes you wonder how good the 2015 team would have been if they just played 4 guys instead of having Okafor out there too. Until today I would have thought that it is always preferable to put the 5th player on the floor, no matter who he was. Until today.

"My team is on the floor" - Coach Gene Hackman

I still can't get passed the fact the Sexton and 2 other guys outscored an entire nationally ranked Minnesota lineup while it was 5 on 3.

“Duval, Trent, Allen - you’re all liabilities. Get off the court. Or just stand in the corner.”

You would think it would be easy to play 5 on 3, but from the one game I played, which we lost in a very tight game, it was remarkably easy to score on a zone with only 3 players. M2M was easy to score on also. The court feels huge with only 8 people on it, so you just have to spread the floor and drive.

I think the other team just assumes that it's game over when this happens. They leak people out on defense, they don't crash the offensive boards because they are getting wide open looks, plus there is some unconscious pressure on them to "not lose".

The game I played was a summer league game. My team was pretty good, but we were just some dudes in our 20's and 30's playing against the actual local HS team that was well coached and went on to have a really good year in their class in NC. We lost by single digits. They were treating this like a real game, they were using their normal substitution patterns, had their full coaching staff there.

Holy shit, Trae Young dropped 43 points on Oregon. He's now at 127.5 offensive rating on 36% usage.

I like Duval but, um, we might have messed up there. Young feels like Steph Curry unleashed against a bunch of college kids.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom